Sun City

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
can i have the control channels that would be the best for listening in this are. i am by the safe way on Olive. than you. also i need the talkgroups

InlandAZ

A bit off topic - but does it really matter what order you enter the CC's? (and I'm using a PRO-96 & 106) - I've noticed it tends to pick up the strongest control channel no matter where it is in the list (and I've changed their order several times).

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
I'm in the same area that you are. I'm also having issues with the RWC Phoenix system. I have the MCSO with no problem. If you have any luck pls let me know. rgaun@aol.com Thanks!

Astrak

A bit off topic - but does it really matter what order you enter the CC's? (and I'm using a PRO-96 & 106) - I've noticed it tends to pick up the strongest control channel no matter where it is in the list (and I've changed their order several times).

As long as it's white tanks, downtown or thompson peak then no it doesn't really matter all traffic will come off of those towers so I'd just use which ever one comes in the best for you, for where you're at. Since my scanner just sits and provides a feed it kind of matter since I can receive both downtown and thompson peak. If I have downtown programmed in before thompson then the scanner will stop on downtown and not all of the voice channels are strong enough to be decoded clearly. This is on a 106.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
so sun city is not trunked or digital, accept for sun city west

Astrak

Sun City West is 853.9875 or Posse talkgroups on the MCSO system 48336/48368/48400. If you are in Sun City then MCSO West covers your area.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
As far as trying to hear Fire I've put both sites in the radio with only K6 & K7 talk groups. White Tanks had a very weak signal however, West Valley is comming in clear. I've only copied traffic on K6 so far but it seems to be working. I'm now going ot add MCSO for Sun City and see if that works as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.