Aero Surprising reception....

majoco

Stirrer
of Shannon Volmet on 13264kHz USB. Monday 5th June evening surprised to hear her (female voice) S9 or so. Turning the gear on to "On" Tuesday morning and she was still there - not so strong of course in daylight - but she was there all day and evening again. Winter down here of course which is supposedly good for DX. My HF antenna is a delta loop with the feed at the high point, say 25 feet and the low base it along a 6ft wooden fence, it sort of faces north east - about 30yards total length. Even got good reception on my new ATS-25 max.

sprman1955

Been hearing some good Aero here on SW in Tenneesee ..Iuse 100 longwire up 10 feet runs north south.Have heard gander Shannon california even a russian ATC on 8.888 usb . Lst night i heard WLO on 87.88 00:05 usb with pacific ocean forcast.

kymarkh

Premium Subscriber
I've got an ATS-25 Max on the way right now, really looking forward to using it to monitor ATC at CVG as I'm right on the flight path. Hope its as good a receiver as I've heard it is.

Skyhigh01

I'm receiving Gander ATC as well as flight crew (Both sides of the conversation) for the very first time recently. Either conditions for SW USB are good at the moment or i have finally got the setup correct. Using an app "As the crow flies) the distance is around 2400 miles from my location here in the UK.