• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

SWR setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoNavy

Premium Subscriber
You all aren't listening. not to put too fine a point on it. I already had a set of ant on their with swr almost perfect, even if I didn't really understand it, and had no problem tuning it with both on there, the swr actually moved with adjustments. The new ones won't tune at all since the ant warn has come on. The swr DOES NOT MOVE from the swr values I mentioned above. Doing one ant at a time is not going to make a difference even if I could find the coupler, which is buried deep inside the truck some where. Builtin coax only has one wire coming into the cubby hole for the cb, This is a big truck, and a big truck I don't own, I don't have the option to be running a new coax and drill holes etc...or having a bunch of coax laying around and routing through the window is out of the question, So I am pretty much stuck with what I have, and it is setup for dual antennas.

Let me try my question another way...what would cause antennas swr to not change and to cause an Antenna warning light, but otherwise work just fine.

ok kb2vxa since you kept taking shots at me, here is one back at you...."You keep saying "antennas" plural which gives a clue to your problem,"
lol...I would have thought when I said "this is on a 2008 Freightliner dual mirror setup"... that might have been a better clue...dah

Last edited:

drouse3

. Builtin coax only has one wire coming into the cubby hole for the cb, This is a big truck, and a big truck I don't own, I don't have the option to be running a new coax and drill holes etc...or having a bunch of coax laying around and routing through the window is out of the question, So I am pretty much stuck with what I have, and it is setup for dual antennas.
This is sounds more like a coax problem, looks like your out of luck.

Let me try my question another way...what would cause antennas swr to not change and to cause an Antenna warning light, but otherwise work just fine.
Dropping your radio on the ground.

GoNavy

Premium Subscriber
Problem solved, one of the mounts was loose, bad ground I guess. Tighten the mount down real good, got swr between 1.2 on ch 40 and 1.4 on ch 1.....close enough for me. and did it in about five minutes, and no red light. I could probably get it better, but I have had about all the fun I take with this #(*&@^%...uh radio. Thanks all who helped...

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
After all that you fixed it yourself??? Before there was postal there was Arlo, some of you may remember Alice.

Came to talk about the draft.

They got a building down New York City, it's called Whitehall Street,
where you walk in, you get injected, inspected, detected, infected,
neglected and selected............

And I waked in and sat down and they gave
me a piece of paper, said, "Kid, see the psychiatrist, room 604."
And I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I
wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and
guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill,
KILL, KILL." And I started jumpin' up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL," and
he started jumpin' up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down
yelling, "KILL, KILL." And the Sargent came over, pinned a medal on me,
sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy."

Didn't feel too good about it.

DX949

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Going back to basics

"Like Henry H. Goddard would say.............You sir are a Moron."

roadranger

antenna coupler for Freightliner...

My 07 Freightliner Classic XL had a Motorola Y adapter, I guess. The coax that came with the truck had a motorola pin connector for both leads to each CB antenna. I just bought a length of coax with a moto female plug for the pin and a male connector for the CB. All of that is found behind the CB in the cubby hole above the windsheild where I tie down the CB. There is a grey wire that runs down within the seam in the middle of the windsheild, that ends up under the dash behind the stereo. I thought that the little junction box connected to the stereo would connect somehow to the CB antennas, and there is even an "F" connector perhaps to plug in a TV. You can always bypass all that and just run coax out the door to the antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.