Synchronizing two usrp B210

Status
Not open for further replies.

pttalfonsin

Hi,
I want to use two USRPs B210 to receive samples using the two channels in both B210. I need to synchronize the two B210 but I don know how. Could you give me some links, documentation or something to help me to do this?
Thank you so much,
P.

KA1RBI

Hi,
I want to use two USRPs B210 to receive samples using the two channels in both B210. I need to synchronize the two B210 but I don know how. Could you give me some links, documentation or something to help me to do this?
Thank you so much,
P.

Note that the following is generic and not specific to the B210.........You'd need a master clock source (e.g., a GPSDO) such that both devices are clocked by one common source. Assuming the B210 has a built in GPSDO there may be a way to slave tributary B210's off of one master. At that point you can begin to run MIMO apps although there is one caveat: the precise difference in time between when the two separate devices begin sampling is usually not controllable, due to network and bus latencies etc. For sampling anything much above, say, low audio frequencies this means that there will be a measurable phase difference between samples from the two separate devices. More to the point this phase difference will appear to shift randomly each time the app is (re)started...

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.