• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Syntor X systems 90

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC1956

I have a motorola syntor x model T45VBJ7000BK 800 conventional with a 8 channel non
scan system 90 control head . The problem I encountered was the green 12 volt
wire came off the black connector not sure what pin it goes back to. Don't have a manual
But what I found on the internet was possibly the wire goes back on pin #12 , it also shows
a orange 12 volt wire to pin 13 which i didn't find . Are both wires required to supply power
to the control head ? also do syntor 90 heads have a ground wire ?. any help would be appreciated

RFI-EMI-GUY

If my memory serves me. Green powered the receiver and orange powered the transmitter. You might check BatLabs and Repeater Builder sites for specific schematics.

petnrdx

From the manual: plug P1101 the black plug.
Green goes from pin 12 to battery with a 7.5 amp fuse.
Power to the control head on / off switch all the time.
This is the circuit that goes from the control head back to the radio chassis to turn the guts of the radio on.
Orange goes from pin 13 to the IGN switch, then to +12 source like fuse block or battery with a 1/5 amp fuse.
Those circuits go on and off with the IGN key.
Normally you need both 12 and 13 connected to +12 to get the radio to RX and TX.
Often people just hook both of those together.
Sometimes they just jumper those two together in the control head.
No you should not need to ground the head.
Pin 9 on that plug should be ground, and there are a few other grounds coming to the head, like the cable shield.
The only time the above would no apply is if the radio were modified to positive ground.
As said above, the idea was to not be able to use the transmitter unless the IGN was on, but you could use the RX.
I don't see too many people do that anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.