• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

T3011DX DES-XL KVL Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to tell if a particular T3011 series KVL has the DX firmware installed? I have a DX model on the way and don't want to take it apart to have to check if the correct firmware is installed. Also I already have a CX model and suspect it may actually be a DX upgrade.

Does the top level menu provide any clues> Is there a test function to reveal firmware version?

bk117

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to tell if a particular T3011 series KVL has the DX firmware installed? I have a DX model on the way and don't want to take it apart to have to check if the correct firmware is installed. Also I already have a CX model and suspect it may actually be a DX upgrade.

Does the top level menu provide any clues> Is there a test function to reveal firmware version?

Easy - While depressing 0 and 3, press PTT. The display will read busy followed by the model# and release version. After that a keypad test will begin and you can press the keys in the order displayed. To exit without the keypad test you will have to remove the battery. The information flys by so fast you may have to repeat it a few times.

Brad

RFI-EMI-GUY

Easy - While depressing 0 and 3, press PTT. The display will read busy followed by the model# and release version. After that a keypad test will begin and you can press the keys in the order displayed. To exit without the keypad test you will have to remove the battery. The information flys by so fast you may have to repeat it a few times.

Brad

Thanks. That was very helpful and good to know my keypad works as well. It indeed took several tries with two KVL's I have on hand to capture the digits.

The first is a T3011CX and it displays 3.3 155.A, the second is a T3011AX and it displays 1.0 155.A.

I have two binary files found on the interwebs: One is named TVN6087B T3011CX.BIN. When viewing with Hex Edit it shows a 1990 date and version 3.3 in the text field. So I assume my CX is indeed a CX.

I have a second binary file labeled TVN6140.BIN, which was supposed to be for a DX upgrade. It shows a 1993 date but shows a version 1.0 making me suspect it is really an AX binary, though I see old posts to the contrary.

As I mentioned I have a DX model on the way, so don't know for certain what version should display to verify its version. Moreover the binary I thought was for a DX upgrade will be useless to upgrade my current CX model if it isn't a DX.

Do I have a DX binary or is some other version number reflected for a DX model?

RFI-EMI-GUY

Ok as a followup the T3011DX arrived today and upon entering test mode I got the following:

"ID 3011d 1.0 release"

So that seems to answer my questions - I think?

toolman60

RFI-EMI-GUY,

If you get a chance and can locate your info from when you ordered your KVL hirose connector would you please send me a part number for so I can chase down a couple of them. Or if anyone else knows the part number would you mind sharing it with me

RFI-EMI-GUY

RFI-EMI-GUY,

If you get a chance and can locate your info from when you ordered your KVL hirose connector would you please send me a part number for so I can chase down a couple of them. Or if anyone else knows the part number would you mind sharing it with me

I think this is where I got my connectors. I think I used a cable for programming a Micor as the donor cable. In any event the cable chosen has to have enough conductors (5?) and you must add a resistor in the MX shell to force the radio into the keyloading mode.

Wiring the Hirose was tedious due to the tiny solder cups and numbering sequence. I have attached the instructions I was given which are superb.

Pull Push 6 Pins Male Connector Plug Compatible Hirose HRS HR10A-7P-6P | eBay

Attachments

• TKN8531.pdf
    138.4 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.