Taking the plunge...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bezking

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Hi all,

After putting it off for too many years I finally decided to get my ham licence and am taking the exam this weekend - my question is what I should bring with me to the exam? I would imagine the basics - pen, pencil, ID, but what about a calculator, etc?

Thanks!

K8PBX

You can bring a calculator, but the VE's may require you to show them that the on-board memory is cleared before you take the test.
I doubt you'll need one for the Technician level test. The General and Extra tests have a number of questions where a scientific calculator could come in handy for powers, trig functions and roots.

Just a tip... taking the practice tests at www.qrz.com can help a lot.

Good luck!

RadioDaze

I was gonna say good luck as well, which is what I always do, but then it occurred to me:

If it comes down to a matter of luck, then maybe you need to study more!

But you'll do fine. Just relax. The more you drill with the online tests prior to the exam, the easier it will be. The question pool is such that if there is a topic or two that is giving you trouble, you will still pass based on the stuff you do know.

nexus

bring 2 picture Identification cards with you, and the calculator will be fine, like K8PBX said the VE's will probably inspect it to make sure the memory is cleared first. They should provide you with writing devices, but a #2 pencil and a black ink pen is always good to have on hand.

You might want to bring a sheet or two of blank scratch paper as well. But if it's just the technician test you're going for you probably won't need it.

RLD62

Premium Subscriber
I'm studing for tech and gen. How many questions are on the general exam?

Status
Not open for further replies.