Talker Alias

brettcrossen

Premium Subscriber
I had a fellow ham tell me my Alias wasn't showing up correctly through his radio. I believe he said he had an 878. I'm using an XPR7550e and using the caller alias function in CPS to set it to what I want. However, through testing, it's still only showing my callsign on my pi-star device and I'm trying to add my name to the end of it. How do I fix this?

dazey77

I don’t believe that pistar supports talker alias and will only show what’s in the database others mention. As far as i know, talker alias is more a direct thing but I my be wrong

AC5A

I had a fellow ham tell me my Alias wasn't showing up correctly through his radio. I believe he said he had an 878. I'm using an XPR7550e and using the caller alias function in CPS to set it to what I want. However, through testing, it's still only showing my callsign on my pi-star device and I'm trying to add my name to the end of it. How do I fix this?
Check this site out. It allows you to edit some DMR ID info. May be worth a shot. AmateurRadio.digital

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
He needs to either download the contacts list or manually enter your information into his codeplug.

I honestly wouldn’t even worry about it.