Tecsun PL330 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadgeteer2000

Hello all, I am considering to buy a PL330.

A question to those who have one: when you are using headphones, is there a loud (loud even with lowest volume setting, as pop volume not imacted by volume control) pop when changing bands (or any other time)?

I have returned a Radiwow R108 as the loud pop it makes nearly blew my eardrums (I exclusively use headphones for my radios, and the pop volume was not reduced by the volume control - it was loud even at low volume setting). Other radios I have also pop (Eton Field for example), but they are not as bad as the R108.

I have several Tecsun radios - they do not pop (at all) - but I have not experienced the PL330, hence the question.

Thank you for your help!

Gadgeteer2000

No, I do not use one. I was thinking there could be a bit of DC on the headphone jack.
The question I asked - is there a pop noise? There could be many things, I am trying to find out from pl330 users what their experience is. Maybe there is none? But is seems no one actually has that radio...
Thank you for trying to help...

4nradio

No loud pops of any kind noted with my PL-330, only a very soft "thump" sound which is in NO way annoying or problematic. I tried switching the radio on & off, changed bands, and changed bandwidths. At no time did I find anything approaching what you've described.

Gadgeteer2000

No loud pops of any kind noted with my PL-330, only a very soft "thump" sound which is in NO way annoying or problematic. I tried switching the radio on & off, changed bands, and changed bandwidths. At no time did I find anything approaching what you've described.
Perfect, thank you. You used headphones, right? (i was using headphones where the radiwow radio nearly blew my eardrums...)

4nradio

Yes, definitely headphones! Another plus to the PL-330 is that when you turn it off, the audio fades out gradually over about 1-1/2 seconds...that's easy on the ears too.

Status
Not open for further replies.