Texas DPS Freqs

hperrenot

Premium Subscriber
IF the Data is known to be so wrong, why not take the time to correct it.
You do know this is a USER Contribution Web Site, not something where Carnac the Magnificent knows all.
This system is very intricate. DPS has a huge VHF system with repeaters that don’t communicate with other repeaters, this allowing several troops to talk to each com center without interrupting another.
I think it would take more than one person to correct and or translate the information to a spreadsheet we could access.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'm not a database manager here, but I perform a similar function on Scan New England. I can definitely say that if RRDB is missing information it's because no one has submitted and update.

If you have more current information on anything in Texas, it would be helpful to all of us down here if you submitted it.

That goes for the amateur radio frequencies, at least in Williamson and Travis Counties as well. I'm still trying to sort that out using various sources.

DPS hasn't used split Base/Mobile operations in 3-4 years....all VHF sites are now P25 repeaters..Radio Reference leaves a lot to be desired on certain sysytems....

(Former DPS IOD Tech Region 2)

garys

Premium Subscriber
In some areas, notably Travis County they have TGs on GATTRS which they seem to use more than the VHF system. In any case, nothing will get updated unless someone starts working on updates.

This system is very intricate. DPS has a huge VHF system with repeaters that don’t communicate with other repeaters, this allowing several troops to talk to each com center without interrupting another.
I think it would take more than one person to correct and or translate the information to a spreadsheet we could access.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Well the last few posters were absolutely spot on…everything we have in the database is user submitted. Users may be a regular old retired guy that loves listening to his local stuff, they could be a system tech or related party, a first responder or a long time ham. I submit and update a lot on my own as an admin from my travels and hobby of seeking out new and changing radio systems. If something is known to be wrong or inaccurate submit the corrections and we will get it right.

As for DPS there is still nothing wrong with scanning all of the Base and Mobile frequencies as well as the repeaters. You certainly won’t miss anything if you do unless they operate specifically on a regional TRS or county channel they’re local to

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard any VHF day to day traffic from DPS in about 5ish years in the Houston area if that helps any...

kcduncan

Premium Subscriber
Well the last few posters were absolutely spot on…everything we have in the database is user submitted. Users may be a regular old retired guy that loves listening to his local stuff, they could be a system tech or related party, a first responder or a long time ham. I submit and update a lot on my own as an admin from my travels and hobby of seeking out new and changing radio systems. If something is known to be wrong or inaccurate submit the corrections and we will get it right.

As for DPS there is still nothing wrong with scanning all of the Base and Mobile frequencies as well as the repeaters. You certainly won’t miss anything if you do unless they operate specifically on a regional TRS or county channel they’re local to
All of these replies have left out 159.210 & 159.2175, which is where most traffic is heard. Along with numerous trunked systems.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Those are both in the RRDB. I have them programmed several times in my scanner, each instance with a different NAC. I mostly hear Repeater 11 in the Williamson/Travis/Bastrop area.

All of these replies have left out 159.210 & 159.2175, which is where most traffic is heard. Along with numerous trunked systems.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
In the Parker Co area, I need both the TG on the Parker Co trunked system, and the Aledo and Mineral Wells dispatch on the VHF system to catch everything going on. Not too long ago, the Mineral Wells dispatched announced the console was off and dispatch was handled thru Texarkana

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
In the Parker Co area, I need both the TG on the Parker Co trunked system, and the Aledo and Mineral Wells dispatch on the VHF system to catch everything going on. Not too long ago, the Mineral Wells dispatched announced the console was off and dispatch was handled thru Texarkana
Don't forget TGID 7514 on the Johnson County site for NTIRN. It's out of range for me to receive it, but it was added so that the DPS Mineral Wells dispatcher can contact the Johnson County DPS units.

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
Here in Galveston DPS no longer use VHF in Galveston county and the old frequency has depreciated they are exclusively on TXWARN system now

Echo4Thirty

Premium Subscriber
One thing I do in a new area is check out the cars. As kmartin says, they are all on TxWarn around here and most do not even have the long VHF antenna. If you look at the cars and see what antenna is on the roof, it can give you an idea of where to look.