Pro-668: Text Enter on Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmk3000

I could not find this "issue" this mentioned before. And which thread is correct for updated Pro-668s which are now basically WS1080s in function?

I noticed that when entering text manually to name alpha tags on the scanner, the Up and Down Arrows cycle through text backwards. The Up Arrow cycles in reverse alphabetical order and the Down Arrow cycles in alphabetical order. Numbers during text entry are also backwards. Also, there does not seem to be SPACE character.

However, when entering numbers only (Entering a conventional frequency for example,) the Arrow directions match the corresponding numerical order.

While not that important, is this issue present on all of the WS1080 based scanners?

Its probably too late to report a bug, if it's common to the current firmware.

edmk3000

The right Arrow key seems to just move the cursor to the right, even when in the text input selection is in the “special characters” section.

I’m curious if this behavior came from the upgrade version or if it’s been there the whole time.

It’s just a minor “UX Bug,” I guess and it will remain unless Whistler still has anyone to change it (which is probably a hard no.)

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that when entering text manually to name alpha tags on the scanner, the Up and Down Arrows cycle through text backwards.

The Up Arrow cycles in reverse alphabetical order and the Down Arrow cycles in alphabetical order.

Numbers during text entry are also backwards. Also, there does not seem to be SPACE character.

However, when entering numbers only (Entering a conventional frequency for example,) the Arrow directions match the corresponding numerical order.

I don't understand what you are saying, in the first part you say up and down goes backwards, but in the next sentence you say up goes in reverse and down goes in order. You contradict yourself there. Numbers work the same way, I don't see mine only going one direction using the up and down keys, whether entering text or frequencies.

Also, the space character is between the 9 and upper case A. It is like this on all my Whistler scanners.

edmk3000

I apologize for the confusion. The first sentence would have been clearer if I wrote, “... the Up and Down Arrows ‘each’ cycle through text ‘in the opposite direction as to what would be expected.’”

For example, when cycling through the alphabet and numbers, pressing UP decrements going from B to A and 9 to 8.

Likewise, pressing DOWN increments going from A to B and 8 to 9.

It seems more logical that UP would increment and DOWN would decrement as it already does in numerical frequency input.

Thank you for the advice—the SPACE character is between 9 and capital A. (I was looking for SPACE in the “special character” section.)

Status
Not open for further replies.