TGID Misidentification?

DannyBoy2k

Lately, I'm seeing a bunch of different TGIDs on the Fauquier/Culpepper/Rappahannock P25 that seem to be related to Culpepper, but not cited here on RR. The TGIDs are in the 65000 range. I haven't gone through all of my recordings on ProScan, but a lot of them seem to be associated to Culpepper Fire & Rescue operations. TGIDs I've seen include: 65149, 65150, 65154, 65160, 65161, 65162, 65171, 65172, etc.

I'm not sure if the radio is somehow misidentifying talk groups or if there are department TGIDs that haven't been identified yet here on RR. I'm surprised at the number of them.

Thoughts?

~Dan

DannyBoy2k

I asked about this on the Virginia Radio Discussion Forum, but it occurred to me this might be an SDS XXX issue instead.

Lately, I'm seeing a bunch of different TGIDs on the Fauquier/Culpepper/Rappahannock P25 that seem to be related to Culpepper, but not cited here on RR. The TGIDs are in the 65000 range. I haven't gone through all of my recordings on ProScan, but a lot of them seem to be associated to Culpepper Fire & Rescue operations. TGIDs I've seen include: 65149, 65150, 65154, 65160, 65161, 65162, 65171, 65172, etc.

The TGIDs seem to keep increasing in value from day to day. Meaning, I saw 65147 on 3/3 early in the morning, then 65149 later in the day, then 65150 in the evening. I haven't seen 65147 since and, each day, the unknown TGIDs keeps going up and up.

I'm not sure if the radio is somehow misidentifying talk groups or what.

Thoughts?

~Dan

DannyBoy2k

Well, guess my Google-Fu wasn't as good as I thought, but I did stumble across another post that indicates that this range (651xx+) is for dynamically assigned simulcast or patch groups and are not permanent.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Motorola ASTRO 25 systems generally have the 65xxx block reserved for ISSI patch talkgroups, which are dynamically assigned and can change on a pretty frequent basis. I suspect that's what you're seeing.

I don't believe that system is a Motorola ASTRO 25, however the same principle applies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Per my reply in your other thread, 65xxx generally reserved for dynamically assigned ISSI and/or patch talkgroups.

a417

Motorola ASTRO 25 systems generally have the 65xxx block reserved for ISSI patch talkgroups, which are dynamically assigned and can change on a pretty frequent basis. I suspect that's what you're seeing.

I don't believe that system is a Motorola ASTRO 25, however the same principle applies.
At least one statewide P25 system (CLMRN) in CT has this factoid in the system notes, so as to help alleviate confusion.

Ubbe

For some reason Motorola use that increasing patch TG in SmartNet to their latest Tetra systems. If TG1 and TG2 are patched then all radios and dispatchers that use TG1 and TG2 will instead use TG65xxx. Instead of TG1 and TG2 being transmitted on the sites having the exact same info on both TG's it will only be one 65xxx being used.

If the TG1+TG2 patch are released and then immediately being patched again it will still increase the 65xxx TG by one. It probably has something to do with avoiding issues if one old patch info are still being in a radios memory and a new patch are reusing the same 65xxx. But the info about patches are constantly sent out on the control channel so it seems unlikely that it could happen, so probably just some ancient function in a very old system that needed that increasing TG feature to stop some bug to appear. I've seen some system bugs from a SmartZone system appear in the exact same way in a Motorola Tetra system as if the software code where just copied and pasted over and no cleaning up of the code are done.

/Ubbe