The AOSP thread

BinaryMode

Android Open Source Project.

Since smartphones are pretty much a small computer with access to the world's knowledge, I guess this subforum is as good as any.

Recently flashed a Google Pixel 7a to CalyxOS and so far so good on the telemetry front watching my DNS queries at NextDNS (like Pi-hole for the cloud). There is some Google, but not something that was very persistent like on my other phone. Mostly because I think it has to do with CalxyOS' answer to Google Play by using something called MicoG. It works, but I still kinda don't like the DNS queries to Google central.

Having said that, after reading what GrapheneOS is all about I'm actually quite impressed and may use that instead. I kinda wish now I used GrapheneOS from the jump.

Despite the Pixel using a Qualcomm NIC chipset, the Wi-Fi seems to function admirably as expected. Then again, my AP (Access Point) in the house is a Grandstream that also uses a Qualcomm chipset. So maybe they play nicer together. Just a thought.

Anyone do this? What OS did you use and your thoughts. Comparison of Android ROMs