The best airband scanner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
OFF didn't do anything but NORMAL is a lot better so far, daunting task, I think my glass of Spaten Lager is easing the task.

If you're setting the filters at the Global Setting level, this is a possibility as to your findings. You have to get into each problematic system to give an accurate account:

Menu...Manage Favorites....Select Favorite List....Review/Edit System....Select System...Edit Site (Trunking System) or Edit Department (Analog System)...Set Filter.

Try each filter setting for the 453mhz system that you're having problems with first. This will override the Global Setting unless you set the filter setting back to Global at the Site/Department level.[/QUOTE]

Ubbe

Wouldn't it be much quicker to begin with all sites and departments set to global filter and then change only the global filter setting which is easier to get to? When it have been determined what filter should be used then go to the specific site or department and change from global to the correct filter. Continue doing that until all filters are using individual settings.

/Ubbe

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Wouldn't it be much quicker to begin with all sites and departments set to global filter and then change only the global filter setting which is easier to get to? When it have been determined what filter should be used then go to the specific site or department and change from global to the correct filter. Continue doing that until all filters are using individual settings.

/Ubbe

From what I'm understanding, he probably has set his global filter to one setting which doesn't always work best on UHF analog..which I found out. I have 4 separate filter settings on my SDS 200, and 2 separate filter settings on my SDS 100 depending on the system. Each user will vary dependent on location/intermod etc. I also use the Attenuator on a P25 simulcast system on my SDS 200, but not on my SDS 100 because I strictly use the 100 while mobile.

RogerH11

Going from memory a long time ago, I think the Pro 43 was known as a good air radio? I just ordered one cheap off Ebay and to me, it's the 2006 of handhelds. When cell was still analog, you couldn't touch one under $400-500.I should look up what 2006 are going for. I paid a lot for mine years after cuz it was new in the box and didn't want to deal with the backlight being dim. Some guy in Virginia picked up 4 or 5 to later sell after ban was announced, the used ones were going 500-700 at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.