The Shops At Wiregrass Wesley Chapel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger0034

I checked out the shopping center for the first time today, which I think is fairly "new". I brought along my BC436, to scan and search.
Now, some properties don't allow dogs. Some properties don't allow smoking. Some don't allow smoking AND dogs.
Wiregrass, allows dogs, they even allow cigar smoking. Normally when I do go scanning, I keep it clandestine if I already know what and who I'm listening to, with earbuds and the scanner out of sight.
Today, with my dog in one hand, cigar in the other, scanner on my lap, I just happened to be sitting on a bench in front of the customer service kiosk.
I caught the tail end of a transmission "......and he has a walkie talkie". Thank you, you just gave me the security frequency for the center. (will be submitted)
Five minutes later, security approaches me, was very friendly and professional, told me the dog was fine, smoking was fine, but the scanner was NOT allowed on property.
I complied, turned it "off".... with a twist of the top knob, and stuck it in my pocket. He was satisfied with that. No further contacts.
Like I said, I DO normally keep things on the low down, but when you're trying to discover new frequencies, without being able to look at the screen immediately, it's frustrating.
So, if any members plan on going there, keep the scanner out of sight.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I checked out the shopping center for the first time today, which I think is fairly "new". I brought along my BC436, to scan and search.
Now, some properties don't allow dogs. Some properties don't allow smoking. Some don't allow smoking AND dogs.
Wiregrass, allows dogs, they even allow cigar smoking. Normally when I do go scanning, I keep it clandestine if I already know what and who I'm listening to, with earbuds and the scanner out of sight.
Today, with my dog in one hand, cigar in the other, scanner on my lap, I just happened to be sitting on a bench in front of the customer service kiosk.
I caught the tail end of a transmission "......and he has a walkie talkie". Thank you, you just gave me the security frequency for the center. (will be submitted)
Five minutes later, security approaches me, was very friendly and professional, told me the dog was fine, smoking was fine, but the scanner was NOT allowed on property.
I complied, turned it "off".... with a twist of the top knob, and stuck it in my pocket. He was satisfied with that. No further contacts.
Like I said, I DO normally keep things on the low down, but when you're trying to discover new frequencies, without being able to look at the screen immediately, it's frustrating.
So, if any members plan on going there, keep the scanner out of sight.

Well Played!!

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
Im surprised they actually know what scanning is. Just tell them you have a ham license (if you do) and you are executing ham functions. FL Law is actually written to allow "scanning" under ham functions, specifically for driving, but may be for other aspects.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I would have said it's a radio, it's required for work, and unless you have a no-radio policy (they don't)... please leave me alone. It's worked before.

DJ11DLN

Off-topic but that is a nice mall; I was taken there for supper and browsing a couple of times while visiting kin a few months back. Next time I visit (possibly over Christmas) I'll be sure to have a clandestine receiver of some sort concealed under my clothing.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.