SDS100/SDS200: SDS200:Alarm LED blinks when cycling display brightness

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Yesterday I added a few local freqs that seemed to have been missing in my SDS200.

I use Sentinel to program it.

I didn't THINK I strayed off the main path at all but maybe so. I now see a new and different behavior. When I press through the display brightness settings (Volume button) something interesting happens now. It cycles through the levels of brightness, but then on a given (say every 4th press) the alarm light (LED above PUSH/FUNC) will blink 1 time and the display will turn completely off. I have no recollection of this previously being the case. Keep pressing the Volume button and it'll cycle through the various levels of brightness again (normal). It seemed to me there were only 3 levels of brightness - low (dim) , med, and high (bright). Now I seem to have 4 levels (the newest level is the display being OFF completely with 1 alarm LED blink when this level is selected). I could be mistaken about that, but I don't think so. Also, I certainly don't recall the alarm LED ever blinking one time as I cycled through the brightness levels.

I'm not saying this is a problem, but I'm curious what might've changed. And how could I change that back to a default if I wanted (without a scanner default reset!).
NOTE: Full disclosure - I DID set the alarm light to light IF there was activity on any if the 10 new freqs I added. But I'm puzzled why that would suddenly start activating when I cycle the brightness level (press Volume). Kinda weird.

Any particular setting I might've mucked up or fat-fingered to cause this? Again, I'm not saying it's even annoying - just different. I haven't even decided if I do or don't like it. Just trying to figure out the "why now" / "what happened"?!

Thanks for any thoughts!

kudzu_kid

Emperor
Premium Subscriber
Normal operation, the led blinks when display is off and is set in the profile, there have always been four settings for the display.
Interesting... Thanks for that! Not sure why I never noticed it before - but hey, I'm old and medicated and been reformatted a couple of times! Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.