"Theme" Shack Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridgescan

Post up your most "dramatic" shot of something in your shack...or the antennas at dusk with a full moon in the backdrop...a 3/4 shot of the scanner with the glass of wine as the focal point-we have some pro photogs in here right?
I'm no pro and my camera is just a point-n-shoot but here's mine for starters. I'll title this one "The World At My Desk":D
IMG_0998.jpg

Last edited:

ridgescan

That has a WHOLE lot more world in it than mine:D did you shop that yourself? It has neat cues like the red tone and the shadows behind the call. Nice!

n5ims

Post up your most "dramatic" shot of something in your shack...or the antennas at dusk with a full moon in the backdrop...a 3/4 shot of the scanner with the glass of wine as the focal point-we have some pro photogs in here right?
I'm no pro and my camera is just a point-n-shoot but here's mine for starters. I'll title this one "The World At My Desk":D
IMG_0998.jpg

What happened to the DX-150 SW receiver. All you showed was the external speaker!

ridgescan

HAH:D never had that side of the set-I got two of these speakers from a ham guy's collection-this one runs off the BC350A and I listen to ship traffic and trains off that one. The other one sets in the closet.

COME ON GUYS-bust out those cameras and give us some dramatic/nostalgic/romantic/menacing pics...not straight shots but ones that are provoking:)

pathalogical

I'll play ! A local band stopped by the shack and offered to play The Spirit of Radio while I was scanning.

Attachments

• DSC01450 (Custom) (2).JPG
    DSC01450 (Custom) (2).JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 3,574

ShawnInPaso

Premium Subscriber
Whoa Path - that blue is outstanding.

And Ridgescan, I really like the BW tones in your photo. For mine, I actually use a red light in the shack late at night, but indeed is was "shopped" to enhance the color. BTW, you and I have similar taste for radios as I have the same rigs except for the little Uniden(?).

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Awesome path!

When that band is playing nothing else matters, not even scanners unfortunetly:lol:

ridgescan

I'll play ! A local band stopped by the shack and offered to play The Spirit of Radio while I was scanning.
OHyeah-now we're getting on the right path:D and Rush is a regular in this home too! Very cool in blue I agree.

Whoa Path - that blue is outstanding.

And Ridgescan, I really like the BW tones in your photo. For mine, I actually use a red light in the shack late at night, but indeed is was "shopped" to enhance the color. BTW, you and I have similar taste for radios as I have the same rigs except for the little Uniden(?).
Thanks Shawn-and yeah I see my rigs tucked tastefully into that impressive station you have there:) excellant choices!

pathalogical

Alex: Hey Ged, this guy is creeping me out with his scanners.
Geddy: Quit making funny faces, you're making me laugh !

Thanks for the comments ! It's a CFL bulb. I also have a red one, but I find the blue is easier on the eyes. I'm tempted to try a green bulb and one of those yellow 'bug' lights. Took a couple more pics on the weekend, I'll get 'em up soon.

Ridge,

This thread is a great idea ya came up with ! You're right, there's lots of cameras out there, c'mon everyone get creative with your scanners and stuff. And to all the mobile users out there.....there's gotta be a bikini carwash somewhere !!!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Did a little unique lighting for this shot:

IMG_0026.JPG

2 HP-1s, BCD396XT, BCD996XT. My Uniden "Family".

Oh here is one of my BCD396XT I did that I thought turned out pretty cool:
396XTheat.jpg

Marshall KE4ZNR

pathalogical

Temp: -20 C Windchill: -33 C
Cold Canadian winter: 10 months
RS Pro 106: $399
Scanner capable of sub-zero operation: PRICELESS

Attachments

• DSC02300 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02300 (Medium).JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 2,659
  • DSC02322 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02322 (Medium).JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 2,640

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Temp: -20 C Windchill: -33 C
Cold Canadian winter: 10 months
RS Pro 106: $399
Scanner capable of sub-zero operation: PRICELESS

This one is just awsome, nice warm fire scanner in hand, scanner and guitar, you got my vote for the best one!!

mike_gain

Hey pathalogical, I turned up my computer speakers and this is what I heard comming out of your handheld. da di da dah da di da dah da da di dit. Any idea what this means?

Status
Not open for further replies.