This is a common set of questions about connecting the PC and scanner

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This is a handy page that tells you the setup for several scanners to get it ready to communicate with a PC. It comes from the Scan Control website

I can capture this information and put it into our wiki where needed, but the XT and P2 scanners are missing. I assume that the T and XT scanners use the same setup, but how about the 325P2 and 996P2? Do they use the same setup as the 396XT and 996XT or is it different?

If it's different please lay out the steps in detail. Once I have the page built I can then move the instructions for the driver over there as well as some thread links that I have in a different place about Win10 issues. It should be very helpful to beginners trying to use their scanners - and we've had several threads on the 996p2 and one on the 386T recently.

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I found the instructions for the other scanners using the Easier to Read guides, but it's nestled in the middle of a larger section in most cases. I'll just build a table for each scanner and point to the section to make it easier to find.

Unless someone has a better idea.....Mike