THP Help: What am I doing Wrong?

n4anz

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I have the Uniden SDS 200 and the Uniden BCD 536HP. Both have the same programming and are on the same antenna. My problem is that the 200 does not pick up THP but it does pick up everything else I have programmed into it. My 536 picks up everything including THP. Is there something I am not doing right in the 200? What could be causing this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

RJDII

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I have the Uniden SDS 200 and the Uniden BCD 536HP. Both have the same programming and are on the same antenna. My problem is that the 200 does not pick up THP but it does pick up everything else I have programmed into it. My 536 picks up everything including THP. Is there something I am not doing right in the 200? What could be causing this?

Thanks in advance for any help!
I am having the same with TDOT. I am just getting Nashville THP on the 200 but others n HP2.

tvengr

Well Known Member
There are a couple of things in the profile for the SDS200 to check. First, go to the Tools tab in Sentinel and set Target Model to SDS200. You will have access to the settings for the appropriate scanner. The profile has a setting for squelch. It should usually be set at 2. The SDS scanners have the ability to use Site NAC which the x36 scanners do not. If you set the scanner to Ignore Site NAC, that would eliminate the possibility of an incorrect Site NAC setting.

n4anz

There are a couple of things in the profile for the SDS200 to check. First, go to the Tools tab in Sentinel and set Target Model to SDS200. You will have access to the settings for the appropriate scanner. The profile has a setting for squelch. It should usually be set at 2. The SDS scanners have the ability to use Site NAC which the x36 scanners do not. If you set the scanner to Ignore Site NAC, that would eliminate the possibility of an incorrect Site NAC setting.
Should I set it to ignore The NAC?

ka4bni

Feed Provider
I am having the same with TDOT. I am just getting Nashville THP on the 200 but others n HP2.
Nashville THP Dispatch is currently Phase I FDMA and all of the TDOT help channels are Phase II TDMA if that makes a difference with your scanner configs.

ka4bni

Feed Provider
Memphis, Jackson, Lawrenceburg, Cookeville, Knoxville, and Fall Branch THP main dispatch talk groups are Phase II TDMA. Nashville and Chattanooga THP main dispatch talk groups are still Phase I FDMA.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Nashville THP Dispatch is currently Phase I FDMA and all of the TDOT help channels are Phase II TDMA if that makes a difference with your scanner configs.
Memphis, Jackson, Lawrenceburg, Cookeville, Knoxville, and Fall Branch THP main dispatch talk groups are Phase II TDMA. Nashville and Chattanooga THP main dispatch talk groups are still Phase I FDMA.
The OP is using a SDS200 which is both P25 Phase 2 and simulcast capable. There is no difference in programming Phase 1 and Phase 2. The OP's BCD536HP, which does not use Site NAC, works fine on the system using the same programming.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
My problem is that the 200 does not pick up THP
Please attach your SDS200 favorites list file with THP so that I can take a look at it to check for errors. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file (Favorties List). You will need to zip the exported file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped file.

RJDII

Premium Subscriber
What is different between FDMA and TDMA? Sentinel for HP2 has TDMA. For TDOT.

RJDII

Premium Subscriber
TDMA is phase 2, and FDMA is phase 1. TDMA is the newer technology and allows for more radio traffic (double) using the same amount of RF spectrum.
On sentinel for bcd36 it shows TACN as P25 trunk. On HP sentinel it shows TACN as P25 X2-TDMA. Would that make a difference?

tvengr

Well Known Member
On sentinel for bcd36 it shows TACN as P25 trunk. On HP sentinel it shows TACN as P25 X2-TDMA. Would that make a difference?
On HomePatrol Sentinel, the system type should be P25 Standard. P25 X2-TDMA was Motorola's implementation of TDMA before the P25 Phase 2 standard was finalized.