• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-370(N) Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have a TK-370(N). This isn't the alphanumeric 370G, but the version before that. Anyway, I have the KPG-27D and cable (serial port), but when I try to read the radio, it will climb to about 20% and pop up and error to "check connections". This is on COM PORT 1. COM PORT 2 doesn't do anything at all. Sometimes it will stop reading as low as 2 or 3% and other times it will climb to 20% or 30%, but it will never completely read the radio. Field-programming has been disabled by the previous programmer. Any clues?

Thanks

n7maq-1

Premium Subscriber
Well, I have a TK-370(N). This isn't the alphanumeric 370G, but the version before that. Anyway, I have the KPG-27D and cable (serial port), but when I try to read the radio, it will climb to about 20% and pop up and error to "check connections". This is on COM PORT 1. COM PORT 2 doesn't do anything at all. Sometimes it will stop reading as low as 2 or 3% and other times it will climb to 20% or 30%, but it will never completely read the radio. Field-programming has been disabled by the previous programmer. Any clues?

Thanks

Are you running this in DOS, or a DOS window. KPG27D does like to have true DOS. You can get some radios to read/write in a DOS window, but some will not. Also it would be best to use a real RS232 port, not a USB to RS232 (and that would mean a Windows environment).

Jim

I do have a straight serial cord. I would think you're right about the computer just being picky since it's a DOS program. I'm not running it in true DOS, just a DOS window. Don't I need a disc or something to run straight DOS? I've only dealt with Windows-based programming before.

Thanks for the help Jim

n7maq-1

Premium Subscriber
I do have a straight serial cord. I would think you're right about the computer just being picky since it's a DOS program. I'm not running it in true DOS, just a DOS window. Don't I need a disc or something to run straight DOS? I've only dealt with Windows-based programming before.

Thanks for the help Jim

What OS do you have? Do you have a floppy drive?

n7maq-1

Premium Subscriber
Running XP with no floppy :(

I would look for a cheap old laptop. Take a look on Craigslist, your local Goodwill, or ebay. The only problem with getting one of of ebay is the shipping cost. You don't need anything fancy, just a machine with a floppy, and if you find one with Win98SE or older it will boot right into DOS. You can find them as low as $25.00. CPU speed is not a big deal, it just the DOS. I use KPG27D on a P4 1.6GHz with no problems.

Jim

threewingavi

Kpg-27d

Hi
Do any of you guys know where I can get the KPG-27D software? I've been trying for weeks to get a response from Kenwood and several field reps with no response. Thanks

JG

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Try a Kenwood dealer in your area. KPG-27D is still available to download, but unless you purchase it through Kenwood, you will not have the license key to activate the software. A dealer will tell you with a quick phone call if this is possible.

n7maq-1

Premium Subscriber
Try a Kenwood dealer in your area. KPG-27D is still available to download, but unless you purchase it through Kenwood, you will not have the license key to activate the software. A dealer will tell you with a quick phone call if this is possible.

KPG27D does not require a key. Your local KW dealer should be able to sell you a copy. You can also keypad program the TK270.

Jim

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
KPG27D does not require a key. Your local KW dealer should be able to sell you a copy. You can also keypad program the TK270.

Jim

Some DOS programs had a key, others did not. If it doesn't then how do you sell it? Price pages not
available anymore.

n7maq-1

Premium Subscriber
Some DOS programs had a key, others did not. If it doesn't then how do you sell it? Price pages not
available anymore.

I know some DOS FPU's require a key, but I was referring to KPG27D. I would call the order desk, and if it's NLA then talk to your dealer rep.

kf6dqu

Premium Subscriber
Your TK-370(N)

Make sure it's a -1 radio also. not a -3 or -2 etc...
Also, you have to have a real DOS computer, not windows emulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.