• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TMS between XTL and XTS radios

KD9RTX

I set up TMS between a couple of XTS5000 radios as something to experiment with and so far it's been working well. I recently picked up an XTL2500 and it had the same packet data feature in the flash code as my XTSs so I wanted to give it a try between the mobile and portable radios. However, for some reason it doesn't want to work between the XTL and XTS radios. I've set everything up the same between the two and can only find two differences. On the XTL it is missing the options for Cached Credential User Login Mode and Radio ID Alias Enable in the Radio Wide -> General tab. And then in the Astro System I am unable to check Auto Generate IP Address. The option is grayed out. Of course I've tried manually setting an IP but I've had no luck.

My data users lists match and the TMS menu comes up on the XTL and seems to be identical to my XTS radios.

As near as I can tell everything is set up identical aside from those two things I mentioned. Has anybody had any luck getting this to work?

KD9RTX

Adding the flash codes.
XTL2500 500088-001480-1
XTS5000 560001-001307-0

KD9RTX

I got it figured out. What helped was W3AXL's walkthrough on his wiki. I had had things working fine between the portables with auto assigned IPs but when I tried getting the mobile set up the same way I ran into issues. Changing a couple settings and assigning unique IPs to each radio seems to have fixed the problem.

Astro25 Text Messaging - W3AXL Wiki

saberthree

I got it figured out. What helped was W3AXL's walkthrough on his wiki. I had had things working fine between the portables with auto assigned IPs but when I tried getting the mobile set up the same way I ran into issues. Changing a couple settings and assigning unique IPs to each radio seems to have fixed the problem.

Astro25 Text Messaging - W3AXL Wiki
im glad to hear it, Ive never worked with mobiles before, only portables as far as a hobby goes. I just got my portables to finally do TMS as well. I was debating about getting a mobile so I can to a retrans type of thing