SDS100/SDS200: To Add or Not to Add...that is the question...

I currently have the Cy-Fair Volunteer Fire Department conventional frequencies programmed in.
I only hear occasional dispatch, but not unit-dispatch or unit-unit comms.
It also mentions on that page that they will be going to P25 PII in the future (When that is/was I am not sure), so I am wondering if I should just program the P25 system in as well?
Only thing I am not sure on adding the sites, I am assuming since they are out on my side of the county, I should program the sites for Northwest Harris County Simulcast?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I'm assuming you're new to this considering the numerous threads you've started recently. A suggestion...if you have a system specific question it might be better asked in the Texas forum which is very active. From there, someone will probably have a better suggestion than what we can give you here and I'm sure you can learn from the locals.

For operational questions, we will more likely than not be able to suggest a resolution in these forums. I highly recommend becoming familiar with Sentinel since it's free and a good starting point for these scanners. More here use Sentinel or Pro Scan and could guide you easier.

In addition to all of the above, sit back and try to absorb the information and suggestions you were given. You have a tendency to "rapid fire" on postings and threads and need to take the time to absorb and learn. These scanners are trial and error, many different programming methods amongst the members, and we always don't agree but have our own ways at times. Good luck, have fun and give it time.

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you were to look at Sentinel>Database>Texas>Harris County>County Systems, you will se Cy-Fair fire has the trunked system data. So it is just a matter of appending that to a Favorites List or creating a new one for that trunked system.

It appears they are patching/linking the UHF system to the TRS. So assuming that's accurate info, you might hear stuff you did not previously.

I'm a "better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it kind of guy".