BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Tone-Out Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadave

I am having lots of fun searching out the various fire department and EMS tone-outs in my area and posting the results on the Wiki page dedicated to the subject but have encountered slight variances in the results for the same department. In other works, the results shown in the Tone A and Tone B are likely to be off slightly for the same the department on subsequent calls. Is that a normal result?

captclint

Mentor
I am having lots of fun searching out the various fire department and EMS tone-outs in my area and posting the results on the Wiki page dedicated to the subject but have encountered slight variances in the results for the same department. In other works, the results shown in the Tone A and Tone B are likely to be off slightly for the same the department on subsequent calls. Is that a normal result?
Yes. the accuracy of the tone search varies for several reasons. I usually take the average of what I have seen for 10, throwing out the ones that are significantly different from the average, but the scanner will decode anything that is reasonably close.

W2IRT

Is there any way to log every set of tones received, in the event that the dispatcher initiates multiple tone groups one after the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.