Tone outs? How to identify

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I recently learned more about firefighting and dispatching and apparently the tones signify which station is responding, a local station is two tones meaning they are responding, is there a chart of these and how to identify them for Shelby county Alabama? Thank you for any help

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
If you plug your scanner in to your computer you can use the program 'Audacity' to analyze audio recordings and identify specific tone sets. Looking at your other post it says you're an explorer. I bet if you ask around the firehouse you can get a list of all the local station tones.

If you plug your scanner in to your computer you can use the program 'Audacity' to analyze audio recordings and identify specific tone sets. Looking at your other post it says you're an explorer. I bet if you ask around the firehouse you can get a list of all the local station tones.
Awesome, I will try that program you mentioned, I know a lot of firefighters so that may be what I do, thanks for the suggestions

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber

Audacity is a great program that I use a lot for recording audio and other things, but not a good program for analyzing these tones. See the software section near the end of
I used Two Tone Finder until my FD quit using them.

medic9351301

Banned
if i am correct you can not scan anything while using the tone out feature. you basically turn your 500 scanner into a fire pager only.
my department used 234 once .

Status
Not open for further replies.