Trailing static with Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigRoN18

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Aug 12, 2001
Messages
141
Reaction score
18
Location
Roseville, CA
I can't seem to find a specific forum for Unitrunker, please redirect me if you know of one, but I have several questions about how to accomplish what I'm attempting to do. I will start by mentioning my setup. I have an older scanner that WAS a trunking scanner (Radio Shack Pro-2067) but I can no longer follow my city's radio system since rebanding a few years ago. I modified the scanner with a discriminator tap which connects as the source receiver for Unitrunker. I have had poor luck with RTL-SDR receivers in the past but just purchased a couple from RTL-SDR.COM with TCXO and my earlier problems have been solved (unreliable frequency responses). I currently have one of my two RTL-SDR's plugged in and got it working. I have one annoying problem though and hoping it is a simple fix, I just can't figure it out. When the last person finishes communication on a particular talkgroup, I get about 3 seconds of static. There is no static in between quick replies, even if they change frequencies but after someone unkeys and no quick response, there is static.
 

bigRoN18

Member
Feed Provider
Joined
Aug 12, 2001
Messages
141
Reaction score
18
Location
Roseville, CA
I couldn't find any documentation to let me know what I was doing, but I figured I needed to set the squelch. I have no idea what type of number it wanted... no idea what type of units it was looking for. I finally got the trailing squelch to go away when I entered "60". I tried raising and lowering the number and found 60 to be the spot where all voice communications would come across but static and other errant noises didn't.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top