Train Defect Detector's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan_Love_Jr

I know that the UP is now going to all none talking Defect Detector's now. So why not silence the Detector's at Milepost 332.0 and Milepost 335.3? Because they do interfere with Radio Transmittions when the Dispatcher is talking to the Trains. Milepost 332.0 is on the Blair Sub and Milepost 335.3 is on the Omaha Sub. Thanks.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
apparently they're not going all silent detectors...

all of the hotbox detectors across iowa still have audio, most dragging equipment are silent...

there are 2 hotbox detectors in omaha that are silent tho, they always have been.

Allan_Love_Jr

burner50 said:
apparently they're not going all silent detectors...

all of the hotbox detectors across iowa still have audio, most dragging equipment are silent...

there are 2 hotbox detectors in omaha that are silent tho, they always have been.
Thanks Burner. I do know that the Detector at Milepost 10.0 is a talk on defect only. I think the other one is at Milepost 20.0? Later.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
yep... 20 and 10, hey i sent you an e-mail i think you will be interested in....

btritch

I have two in my area (UP DETECTOR MILEPOST 96.7, And UP DETECTOR MILEPOST 109.9) and they both talk everytime a train crosses them, Neither of them are silent, It IS the only two I hear in the area I hear though btw, I don't know if it's the only two there is or if it's the only two talking ones.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
btritch said:
I have two in my area (UP DETECTOR MILEPOST 96.7, And UP DETECTOR MILEPOST 109.9) and they both talk everytime a train crosses them, Neither of them are silent, It IS the only two I hear in the area I hear though btw, I don't know if it's the only two there is or if it's the only two talking ones.

I have told you several times I could look the info up for you if you gave me a better location than NE Arkansas, but I think i put all the clues together...

I'm guessing you are in or around Paragould?

There are several talking detectors near you... You can only hear the 2 that are closest to you apparently.

EDIT: They havent changed any there for years...

btritch

I must have missed that comment, Sorry, Yep, That's right, Paragould AR is the exact Location.... Do you by any chance know the road/up police channel for this area. All I have is the dispatcher train frequency..

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
btritch said:
I must have missed that comment, Sorry, Yep, That's right, Paragould AR is the exact Location.... Do you by any chance know the road/up police channel for this area. All I have is the dispatcher train frequency..

UP Gumshoes dont use specific channels, The freq with the dispatcher is the road freq.

In your aread the Road channel is 1414

Status
Not open for further replies.