Transit Security on E-COMM

XVCham

Another radio dude
Question, I've seen these Transit Security people driving/walking around quite often. Some of them wearing Kenwood speaker mics, some others wearing generic speaker mics.

Has anyone had any luck trying to scan these channels? Sounds like they might be using NXDN.

XVCham

Another radio dude
Transit Sec Kenwoods are 700MHz P25 AES-256 on the E-COMM trunk.

Interesting, I always thought they operate on the 800MHz frequencies licensed under them. Does that mean the buses also operate on the E-COMM's system?

XVCham

Another radio dude
The buses operate on Harris OpenSky platform on 800 MHz.
That's really strange. I didn't really hear anything on the licensed frequencies. Also, I remember randomly seeing a Kenwood radio on the dash of one of the buses. I could just be dreaming..

XVCham

Another radio dude
Adding onto what I said about Kenwood radios on the dash, I see that the Handy Dart vehicles have what appears like Kenwood radios. Are those on the E-COMM's system or are they on the LTR system? No idea why TransLink would not just stick to a single system.

BC_Scan

They are on FleetNet NXDN UHF (used to be LTR)
The reason is because they are a separate, disparate entity to TransLink, run by contractors , a company came from California with huge exp on ParaTransit , so they finally amalgamated it into one entity serving up to Fraser Valley which is also a diff group (BC Transit) , so as usual it's a complete mishmash of systems all over the province.

Due to fact that E-COMM president doesn't have the vision to see that there are numerous groups that would benefit from the supposed wide reach of WARS , he is running an Emergency Services only system unlike in the US, where many embrace the concept of multiple disparate groups subscriber units can be used by all.

They all want their fiefdoms and they all want to spend money unnecessarily.
Unfortunately, TransLink listened to Planetworks, which told them to go with Harris OpenSky.

Why else do you think BC stands for bring cash?

XVCham

Another radio dude
Oh boy, good ol BC

Which system is HandyDART running in the Lower Mainland? I don't see why they would even be on UHF if Transit Security already has NX portables operating on 7/800. Kills interoperability

BC_Scan

Oh boy, good ol BC

Which system is HandyDART running in the Lower Mainland? I don't see why they would even be on UHF if Transit Security already has NX portables operating on 7/800. Kills interoperability
See this comment (I answered you already)
They are on FleetNet NXDN UHF (used to be LTR)