Transmissions Being Dropped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emsflyer84

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
413
Reaction score
81
Location
Central NH
Hey all, I’ve got a BCD996p2 feeding a broadcastify feed for my local area. Lately I’ve noticed that some transmissions aren’t coming across the feed online even though they’re being picked up by the scanner. For example, I’ll hear my local FD dispatched on the scanner, but it will not come across the feed online. Then I’ll hear responding units responding on both the scanner and the feed, then just hear units on scene on the scanner only, etc. Not always this sequence, it seems to be random. Scanner is connected to computer via usb sound card.

Key points:

- Scanner is picking everything up

- Have the same issue with both Broadcastify and Zello

- Seems to happen with one particular agency, both analog fire dispatch and digital police dispatch. This agency is also the closest to me / strongest signal.

- I used the “record” feature when programming the scanner, so the scanner is scanning more stuff then it’s actually sending to the sound card.

My thoughts: Possibly an issue with the sound card, but then it seems like it would be happening with everyone, not just one agency. Maybe an issue with the programming, relating to the record feature that tells the scanner what to send to the sound card.

Any other thoughts would be great. Thanks!
 

tbzep

Dazed and Confused
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 5, 2010
Messages
129
Reaction score
53
Location
TN
There are sound dropouts on my friend's feed as well. He doesn't know why.
 

emsflyer84

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
413
Reaction score
81
Location
Central NH
There are sound dropouts on my friend's feed as well. He doesn't know why.
FYI for your friend I figured mine out. I had the same frequency programmed into my scanner twice, once under the entire county, once under the specific town. Bother were turned on and scanning. Only one was tagged to "record" or send audio to my computer. So if the scanner happened to stop of the one that wasn't tagged "record", that audio was not sent to my computer and my feed. All fixed.
 

tbzep

Dazed and Confused
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 5, 2010
Messages
129
Reaction score
53
Location
TN
Yours is a little different from his. They can be in the middle of a transmission and the volume just drops to nothing then comes back as if someone is playing with the volume.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top