Transmissions encrypted/garbled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

captss

Premium Subscriber
Day 2 of my new 536. Somehow managed to update & download latest Sentinel update. Am receiving my local PD, Carrollton, TX PD - which is a part of the Metrocrest Quad Cities. Radio traffic is encrypted/garbled? Is there a setting I am not paying attention to? Thanks!

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Day 2 of my new 536. Somehow managed to update & download latest Sentinel update. Am receiving my local PD, Carrollton, TX PD - which is a part of the Metrocrest Quad Cities. Radio traffic is encrypted/garbled? Is there a setting I am not paying attention to? Thanks!

Coppell is encrypted already for PD I believe, and I think I read on another forum or another thread that all Metrocrest Quad Cities are supposed to be going PD encrypted but I'm not positive. Looked on RR database but shows that carrolton is just TDMA. Do you get the same noice on any other talk groups like fire or other cities talk groups?

The "garbling" noise could just be simulcast distortion or bad radio reception. I've had it sound like that before on my 436 with the Fort Worth Regional Radio System which is also a simulcast system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captss

Premium Subscriber
Coppell is encrypted already for PD I believe, and I think I read on another forum or another thread that all Metrocrest Quad Cities are supposed to be going PD encrypted but I'm not positive. Looked on RR database but shows that carrolton is just TDMA. Do you get the same noice on any other talk groups like fire or other cities talk groups?

The "garbling" noise could just be simulcast distortion or bad radio reception. I've had it sound like that before on my 436 with the Fort Worth Regional Radio System which is also a simulcast system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure I have everything setup right to even hear the other 3 cities, but while reading your reply, I heard Farmers Branch dispatch a fire call, followed up by another message about the call specifics.

marksmith

RR is only showing talkgroup 1450 as encrypted.

There could be others that are partially encrypted, but if you are getting garbled transmissions where you can make out partial sentences or words, this is not encrypted activity, but possibly simulcast distortion.

Try using attenuation or reducing the antenna all the way, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.