Troop D Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrish04

I live in the fort smith area and I am picking up troop d disp, all the time. The first day or two I thought someone from that area might be in the fort smith area and left there radio on there dispatch channel. But ive been picking it up everyday now and this as been going on for about 3 months now. Any ideas on why I am receiving them? Since state police dispatch talk group aren't statewide like the Mac channel. I'm just curious why this might be happening

chrish04

I'm hearing them on the fort smith tower everyday. I hear them talk more than the local police, sheriffs officers in my area

jonny290

They're probably testing load and distribution now that more agencies are moving to AWIN. The network admins can choose on which towers you hear each TG, and I'm sure that lately they've been stress testing the heck out of it - an easy way to guarantee a good bit of traffic to each site is to send all the dispatch talkgroups to every site.

poppafred

I've been hearing talkgroups from all over the state for about 6 months. Jackson Co SO was the latest I locked out. Could be a unit is transporting prisoners and could be heard by the local tower, could be sunspot activity is extending ranges, re-banded frequencies could be clearer and heard farther, tower improvements could have made the receivers more sensitive, lots of variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.