Troop L NYSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
Now that Suffolk PD's 2nd precinct VHF freq [154.845] seems to have gone away due to lack of interest, the chiefs in my dept. need to replace the scanners in their cars to trunk SCPD's system. No problem. They still want to monitor Troop L on the Northern State Pky in our dist. But, oops! 155.460 is long gone and now so is 155.505. It seems the antenna on the water tower at Jones Beach is on the fritz. I'm lead to believe that they are using a Nassau county based VHF repeater. Anyone have the freq and PL/DPL? Thanks

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
Yes,found it last night.The frequency is 158.8350 with a dpl of 516. Sounds great!! Strong signal and crisp audio. hope they keep using it.

ClayD

Isn't that the old DA's office repeater? i seem to remember that years ago driving between PA and my family's summer house in montauk.

Are the NYSP using it in repeater mode or simplex mode for communications?

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
Its repeater mode, and good work tommy! KNGE 341 is licensed to the Nassau DA and is good in to 2013. With 300 watts off the med center it should be great.

Last edited:

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Any idea if they repeat the transmissions of Suffolk County on this repeater too, or is it strictly Nassau County only?

Thanks for the new freq.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
From the info I have been given, the Nassau Repeater has been loaded into the NYSPD radios for a while.
Someone passed some info to me during the summer, and that freq was listed. I tuned to it back then, and didn't hear anything on it while monitoring.

Glad to hear they are finally using it....

For those interested in the Radio Layout, here is a reformatted copy:
http://www.w2lie.net/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.103
(Link will also be submitted to the database admin)

Last edited:

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick link to the channel layout because they moved back to 155.4600/pl/110.9 as of 930 am. RATS!!!!! I t was good while it lasted!!!!

ClayD

What the heck is going on out there? Is the 155.520 base freq back in use with 155.460 or is it all simplex on 155.460? Maybe they will go back to 155.460 if the Palisades Parkway Police (who they interfere with on 155.4525) get disbanded and merged into Bergen County Police, who have their own UHF system.

Scanner-geek

Wow. I missed this one. Last I knew Troop L in Nassau had moved to 155.505 base and 154.935 mobile. Can anyone confirm that base and mobile comms have returned to 155.460? This is wacky.

emscapt9816

Retired, but somehow working harder now...
Premium Subscriber
At 08:30 this morning, Farmingdale ordered all units over 155.460 to "switch to channel 9". Following w2lie's band plan, that puts them back on the Nassau repeater. I don't know how well I'll hear them in Suffolk, but I'll try.

LukeB

Any idea if they repeat the transmissions of Suffolk County on this repeater too, or is it strictly Nassau County only?

Thanks for the new freq.

This freq will cover patrols into western Suffolk County.

scosgt

The other day I heard them say to go back to channel 9 due to problems with channel 8.
I heard this on 155.46

LukeB

Over the past few weeks, I have too heard them have problems on one channel or the other. Primarily, they've been on the DA's repeater channel. Hopefully the problem doesn't keep up as this is a great repeater.

IW_RADIO

For the past 2 weeks, NYSP Troop L has been operating back on the 155.460 MHz simplex channel. The repeater channel has been dead. Does anyone know the TRUE STORY of what exactly is going on with their communications system?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.