Trouble stringing up wire antennas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDaze

Heck, why not just hover... can you say "160 meter inverted V"?

That guy really knows how to fly it. Amazing payload capability. Fantastic aerial shots.

P.S. Love the camera strobe effect on the propellers. Makes it look like it uses no power at all ;)

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Halfsies? They are $1600-$2300

Yeah, I saw that. I'll just get my wife to buy it for me. I don't share my toys very well...

I'm actually seriously considering one. I sometimes have a need to get some low level aerial photography done to use to draw remote site plot plans, and other documentation. Google earth works ok, but the detail is lacking. Hmmm... I could actually write this thing off!

Last edited:

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Some guys have all the luck.

Yep! =)

Half hour after I showed her the video, she came back with price, availability, and the fact that it comes in kit form, and would that be alright? :cool:

Showing the video to my 8 yo son right now. "I want this for Christmas" in 3...2...1 :lol:
Heh... you know, you could get one for yourself, and occasionally let him use it.

k9rzz

That one doesn't sound like it's got much power. If it can lift a kg weight over a 100ft tree, then I'm in!

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
You guys love doing it the hard (not to mention expensive) way! If you can cast a fishing weight or shoot an arrow you can get a leader, then the wire into a tree all tried and true. For specialized tasks there is also the expendable kid brother.

RadioDaze

Warren, you obviously never attended Rube Goldberg University. What fun is there in doing a task quickly and easily?

Hey, can the helicopter lift a kid brother? (By the shorts, for an atomic wedgie?)

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The right helicopter can lift a whole bunch of them so why mess around? As for RGU, perhaps you never heard the phrase "there's the right way, the wrong way, and then there is the Army way" so be all you can be whatever you want to be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.