Trouble with my 3 separate Buffalo PD district feeds

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I provide 3 feeds from Buffalo NY, Erie county. Subcategory: Buffalo/Police (Erie County)

They are on a P25 APCO-25 analog system, Buffalo PD, Ch 2, Ch 3 & Ch 4, each has it own feed. Erie County New York Live Audio Feeds

I am using SDRtrunk to stream them to Broadcastify. Hardware I am using is a windows 10 pc with single RTL-SDR dongle.

The problem I am having is SDRtrunk is combining audio for some or all 3 streams on one of the 3 broadcastify feeds, even though I have 3 separate streams with streaming turned on. Ex: The B/D district (Ch 2) transmissions (460.350) are coming over the Broadcastify C/E (Ch 3) (460.425) feed. Under channels I do have the proper frequency in the setting for the districts, I have triple checked this.

I am pretty sure it is operator error, but I can't get it straightened out.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Did you give each channel a unique "talkgroup" in SDRTrunk as I mentioned in my other reply to you? You must distinguish each channel definition in order to keep them separated.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Did you give each channel a unique "talkgroup" in SDRTrunk as I mentioned in my other reply to you? You must distinguish each channel definition in order to keep them separated.
Please walk me through this? as I do not see any Talkgroup options under the channel tab. I have system, site, and name.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Sorry, I misspoke, it's part of the alias not the channel. Basically each channel definition needs to be assigned to an Alias List (one list is fine for all), which you've already done. You must then create a unique Alias for each channel/frequency, adding a unique Identifier for each alias. In this case you can use talkgroup IDs 2, 3, and 4 for the three aliases to distinguish them. Once you've done that, you select those aliases for streaming.

If you're already done all of that and are still getting audio mixed within each stream, then something else is going on.

Post a screenshot of your Channels and Aliases screens from SDRTrunk so we can have a look.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I changed some stuff, I have BPD CH2 working correct on Broadcastify. I gave it a Radio Identifier 1 to 16777215.

Ch 3 and Ch 4 there is nothing on broadcastify, but it is working in sdrtrunk on my PC.

Last edited:

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Still need help getting the other 2 stream to work with Broadcastify.

If I set the identifier to Radio Identifier 1 to 16777215 like ch2 , I get a identifier conflict error.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You don't need to add any Radio Identifiers at all anywhere.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
You don't need to add any Radio Identifiers at all anywhere.
Ok, then help me understand why I can't hear BPD Ch 2 on broadcastify unless I have the radio identifiers turned on? but I can hear them just fine on the PC?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It's likely that you're going to need to break out each channel/frequency into their own alias list if you're still having issues. I suspect that they're using TG 1 on each frequency (which is the default for P25 conventional unless someone changes it, which is very rare).

So try that. Create a unique alias list for each channel, add P25 TGID 1 to each alias list (don't make aliases for Users, only for the Talkgroup 1). Now make sure that each channel definition is assigned to the correct alias list. Once you've done all of that, go back into your streaming settings and assign the matching alias list to the stream it needs to be directed to.

So BPD Ch 2 would have a channel definition with 460.350, and would be assigned to the alias list named BPD Ch 2 which would have a single talkgroup alias of BPD Ch 2 pointed to APCOP25 TGID 1, and that alias would be set to stream to your BPD Ch 2 feed.

BPD Ch 3 would have a channel definition with 460.425, and would be assigned to the alias list named BPD Ch 3 which would have a single talkgroup alias of BPD Ch 3 pointed to APCOP25 TGID 1, and that alias would be set to stream to your BPD Ch 3 feed.

etc.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
It's likely that you're going to need to break out each channel/frequency into their own alias list if you're still having issues. I suspect that they're using TG 1 on each frequency (which is the default for P25 conventional unless someone changes it, which is very rare).

So try that. Create a unique alias list for each channel, add P25 TGID 1 to each alias list (don't make aliases for Users, only for the Talkgroup 1). Now make sure that each channel definition is assigned to the correct alias list. Once you've done all of that, go back into your streaming settings and assign the matching alias list to the stream it needs to be directed to.

So BPD Ch 2 would have a channel definition with 460.350, and would be assigned to the alias list named BPD Ch 2 which would have a single talkgroup alias of BPD Ch 2 pointed to APCOP25 TGID 1, and that alias would be set to stream to your BPD Ch 2 feed.

BPD Ch 3 would have a channel definition with 460.425, and would be assigned to the alias list named BPD Ch 3 which would have a single talkgroup alias of BPD Ch 3 pointed to APCOP25 TGID 1, and that alias would be set to stream to your BPD Ch 3 feed.

etc.
Not sure I am following 100% I'm failing miserably!

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Finally, I have them all streaming without using a very expensive scanner.