Troubleshooting Whistler ws1065

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bybib

Thought I would update you all. I was able to get a hold of whistler and thankfully they were able to add an update to their website. With this 2.8 version I was able to fix my firmware and the scanner is now running beautifully.

W6KRU

Thought I would update you all. I was able to get a hold of whistler and thankfully they were able to add an update to their website. With this 2.8 version I was able to fix my firmware and the scanner is now running beautifully.

Great! I'm glad to hear they took care of your problem.

Voyager

I find it odd that they don't even have an original version to send me to re-install.

I don't. When they program stock, they use pre-programmed chips which program differently than the user update. So, until they have an updated firmware over and above the original, there would have been no 'need' to release a version to upgrade from 2.6 to 2.6, short of someone doing what you did and erasing the firmware without intending to do that. I thought GRE used a scheme that didn't brick the scanner until the update was complete, then it switches and uses the new firmware.

But, glad it's fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.