Trunk88 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highpockets

I hope I can phrase this right :). When using Trunk88, it shows a system has say 9 channels, 1 CC and 8 Voice, and when all the voice channels are busy it will tell you with a beep and on the screen.

But, when using Unitrunker on the same system, when those voice channels are all in use, it will show a new voice channel and add it to the list of channels, this system will be rebanded soon and I guess some of the channels that are ready and not changed over yet are still there and used only when necessary, Unitrunker will show these and Trunker 88 will not, any ideas? :confused:

Do I or can I add these channels manually...

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
It's possible that Trunk88 is showing these frequencies but that they are hidden.

Try Ctrl-L (Auto Layout) and see if they show up.

Highpockets

It's possible that Trunk88 is showing these frequencies but that they are hidden.

Try Ctrl-L (Auto Layout) and see if they show up.

Just tried that, no they don't. This system is usually 14 channels, and they are getting ready to reband, so it looks like for now they are only using 9 channels until the switch, and the channels are there and only used if necessary, but, one program shows when they are used and not the other, I was just curious. I haven't checked yet, I'll see if Trunk88 has an option to add them manually and have the program use them if they are active instead of showing all channels busy. Oh Well... :confused:

Something else you could check is System Menu > Edit Settings > Misc/other parameters > Lock Channel List. If this is set at 1 then Trunk88 will not detect new channels - try changing it to 0. If one is discovering a new system then generally you'd want this off (0) but once all the channels have been detected my understanding is that you might want to change this setting to on (1) to prevent bogus channels popping up. FWIW.

Highpockets

Something else you could check is System Menu > Edit Settings > Misc/other parameters > Lock Channel List. If this is set at 1 then Trunk88 will not detect new channels - try changing it to 0. If one is discovering a new system then generally you'd want this off (0) but once all the channels have been detected my understanding is that you might want to change this setting to on (1) to prevent bogus channels popping up. FWIW.

Tried that, no good. I guess I'll just forget about it. Nice program, but, I guess I lean more to Unitrunker. :)

Does anyone know where I can get a cheat sheet or help list of the commands and what they do for Trunk88.

Check the TRUNK88 directory - there's a file notes.txt with what you ask. Also, I'm sure it's just a setting that is wrong. Perhaps, you could post your question on the Trunk88 Yahoo group?

Highpockets

Check the TRUNK88 directory - there's a file notes.txt with what you ask. Also, I'm sure it's just a setting that is wrong. Perhaps, you could post your question on the Trunk88 Yahoo group?

I just found the notes.txt file in the latest version, it does help knowing some of the commands and what they do. I'm gunna forget about the other problem with the channels, the all busy signal doesn't happen that often, I can live with that until rebanding is done. :)

slicerwizard

With so little information provided and my crystal ball in the shop this week, I'm passing on this one.

The usual procedure, and the one that gets results, is to submit an OSW log covering the event(s) in question. Without that, all I see is a 14 channel system that's down 5 channels and TRUNK88 warning you when it's maxed out - just like it's supposed to.

Highpockets

With so little information provided and my crystal ball in the shop this week, I'm passing on this one.

The usual procedure, and the one that gets results, is to submit an OSW log covering the event(s) in question. Without that, all I see is a 14 channel system that's down 5 channels and TRUNK88 warning you when it's maxed out - just like it's supposed to.

I agree with your statements, and I guess the program is doing it's job, I was just wondering why Unitrunker shows when the inactive channels are used when the system needs them and trunker gives an all channels busy. With that, I threw in the towel and use the program (Trunk88) and I'm very happy with it's operation, I like both programs and use both.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure that there is traffic on these "new" channels? sounds to me like there is something that is making UT add bogus freqs. If you are sure they are legit rebanded channels (exactly 15MHz below valid ones for rebanded 866-869) or licensed freqs, then try listening in conventional mode. If you hear traffic on those new channels, send an OSW dump during a system busy to the author. If you need to know how to do that check the archives, it has been posted several times.

chris

SCPD

QRT
Are you sure that there is traffic on these "new" channels? sounds to me like there is something that is making UT add bogus freqs.
That could very well be the case.

If you are sure they are legit rebanded channels (exactly 15MHz below valid ones for rebanded 866-869) or licensed freqs, then try listening in conventional mode.
Rebanding is seldom as easy as adding/subtracting 15 Mhz to get new frequencies.

Highpockets - please provide some detail. For starters, what system are you monitoring? What are the "extra" channels? Do the channels agree with what is posted in the RR DB?

Highpockets

OK, I found out the problem, I made a call to a friend who is with radio repair with the NJSP, and the morning I was montoring the SP with Unitrunker there was some coverage testing of the new freq's between radio repair and the contractor handling the rebanding and the freq's showed up in Unitrunker. That night I switched over to Trunk88 after getting the notes.txt to make some changes to the program and the freq's didn't show up, the testing was already completed. I deleted the freq's in Unitrunker early this morning and let them repopulate and both programs run the same now. Lesson learned...

Thanks for everyones comments and help!

Status
Not open for further replies.