Trunked Systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabrod

Hey all,

I would like to monitor a couple of PD departments on the Orange County area such as City & Town of Newburgh and I believe they are using a trunked system... Is it possible for me to monitor these PD's?

Thank you.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012

gabrod

Thanks both of you for the reply, but i should've been more clear. I am aware of the link you both provided but wanted to know if I need a computer program or a specific type of scanner to monitor them... Thank you again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spec

Thanks both of you for the reply, but i should've been more clear. I am aware of the link you both provided but wanted to know if I need a computer program or a specific type of scanner to monitor them... Thank you again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You need a "Trunking" capable scanner and one with P25 capabilities for some systems. If you intend on listening to the newer Rockland P25 system you would need something like the latest Uniden 536 for example.

KC2zZe

Expanding more on Spec's post above, you'll need a minimum of a TrunkTracker II (if buying a Uniden Bearcat product) or a DualTrunking scanner (if buying a RadioShack product), since the system used by both agencies in your OP, at present, is EDACS based.

Status
Not open for further replies.