• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Trunking Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueline_308

I have 2 sites that I want to monitor. They both share the same freq for thier CC. One site is closer than the other. I cant monitor the farther site because the closer site SYS ID locks in. Is there something like PL or DPL for trunked systems so I can block one out? I have noticed in the DB something called CT with what looks like a freq beside it...is that a 'Control Tone' ?

I use a Wilson 800 Yagi on a rotor. The radio is a BCD996. The two communities are approx 90 degrees apart, and although I can attenuate the closer site, I still cant get the other one to lock in.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jim

pacrat551

TX Admin
Database Admin
blueline_308 said:
I have 2 sites that I want to monitor. They both share the same freq for thier CC.

Interesting. Which systems are you referring to? I've never seen systems close to each other with the same frequencies licensed or used. Unless you can use your yagi to pick up the further signal, there really isn't any other way to pick up the distance frequency unless of course you get closer to it

blueline_308

The two systems that I am trying to monitor are 1) Rocky Mount, SYS ID 130C, 50 miles away @ 300 degrees. 2) New Bern, SYS ID 5631, 30 miles @ 180 degrees. New Bern changes its CC daily, so today, I can monitor some Rocky Mount....but I think that I found something...since they both share the freq 859.2625, which New Bern is using as CC today, whenever Rocky Mount uses that freq, the 996 will stay locked on the freq and I can hear New Berns CC. This may be the root of the CC lockups so many have been having with the 996. Apparently there is no way to activate dataskip on Mot 800 systems. BTW, this is all in North Carolina. I wonder how the two agencies deal with this...they are 70 miles apart.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I think his problem is that when Rocky Mount uses 859.2625 as a voice channel, his scanner locks up on it since New Bern is using it as a control channel.

There's not much you can do except enable the detect end code option. Since Rocky Mount is farther away, putting the attenuator on will not make a difference.

blueline_308

yep...end code option doesnt fix it....just life i suppose...i wish there was something like TSQ for these trunk systems....but o well

Status
Not open for further replies.