Trunking Recorder doesn't see new SDRTrunk mp3 files on remote Samba share

mrslother

Premium Subscriber
I have a raspi running SDRTrunk storing resulting mp3 files on its local drive. Then I have a win pc running Trunking Recorder (v3.4) configured to the remote share (\\raspi\SDRTrunk\Recordings). It works great when I start Trunking Recorder: imports all calls then dutifully deletes them from the share and updates the web page. All very nice.

However once the calls have been imported & processed, it does not notice any new files stored on the share. Windows explorer sees the changes (deleted files disappear, new files show up) but Trunking Recorder doesn't.

Is there a setting I can change or where do I go to file a bug?

Thanks!

mrslother

Premium Subscriber
For anyone interested ... I worked around this by running a windows batch file which creates a temporary file on the remote linux samba shared directory every 5 seconds. When that occurs Trunking Recorder wakes up and scans for new mp3 files. So, as long as the samba share is available and I am running the batch file then everything works.

scannerbox

Trunking Recorder requires a notification message from the drive/share when a new call recording is created to trigger the import process, this does not always happening with network shares hosted on Linux (Windows network shares always send the notification).
There is a new Trunking Recorder BETA that adds better support for these Linux network shares.

Note: There may still be some Linux setups that don't send the notification message when a new call is created which will still not trigger Trunking Recorder to import, this seems to happen on older Linux versions.

Give the new BETA a try and let me know if it helps.

New BETA can be found at https://www.scannerbox.us/TrunkingRecorder/BETA Trunking Recorder Installer.msi

mrslother

Premium Subscriber
Trunking Recorder requires a notification message from the drive/share when a new call recording is created to trigger the import process, this does not always happening with network shares hosted on Linux (Windows network shares always send the notification).
There is a new Trunking Recorder BETA that adds better support for these Linux network shares.

Note: There may still be some Linux setups that don't send the notification message when a new call is created which will still not trigger Trunking Recorder to import, this seems to happen on older Linux versions.

Give the new BETA a try and let me know if it helps.

New BETA can be found at https://www.scannerbox.us/TrunkingRecorder/BETA Trunking Recorder Installer.msi
Thank you for this response. I'll try the new beta and see if that mitigates it. Will the beta also address reconnecting to the share if there as been an outage? With the current version, if the samba share goes offline for any reason Trunking Recorder no longer picks up new content, regardless of how I poke it. I have to manually stop/start recording as a mitigation.

mrslother

Premium Subscriber
I installed the beta you pointed me to and thus far it appears to be working. I'll update this thread if anything goes wrong.

Thank you for this and for Trunking Recorder!!

scannerbox

Excellent, not sure what happens if the Samba share goes offline for a time. I will run some tests and see if I can have it automatically reconnect.

mrslother

Premium Subscriber
I just verified that the beta has the same experience as previous WRT remote linux samba share going offline. Once it is back online I have to manually stop then start recording again. I had undervoltage problems with my pi 5 which would take it offline. Fixed with a nice, shiny powered USB hub so the pi is happy. :)