trunking sys help

Status
Not open for further replies.

smart-phone

Premium Subscriber
using gre500 with software win500. i have tried to program my scanner with burbank trunking frequencies but no luck.. i live in L.A county north hollywood burbank border line... programing my scanner with conventional frequencies was fairly easy and the audio is working.. now with the trunk frequencies i dont get any audio,, everything seems to go smooth when uploading the frequencies to my scanner and shows burbank pd on the screen but no audio. i have tried to follow the instructions to the best of my abilities on uhta win500 instruction page.. a have put a check mark on burbank site. then also check the individual talk groups i wanted.. then i named my system and assigned it to list number 2.. and i have chosen the second choice for alpha tags as stated in instruction page.. then i uploaded to scanner but no audio.... what am i doing wrong guys

note: i dont get any error or warning messages , everything goes accordingly except the audio. cheers to who can help

Last edited:

smart-phone

Premium Subscriber
this is the exact page im using to programs my scanner but no luck. maybe im not following instructions
right or im missing something but thanks for trying to help....cheers bud

DickH

this is the exact page im using to programs my scanner but no luck. maybe im not following instructions
right or im missing something but thanks for trying to help....cheers bud

Which system is it? There is no Burbank system in the database.

smart-phone

Premium Subscriber
nice you look through the systems to find burbank. its little hard to find i had this problem when i didnt know where it was.. anyway the system for burbank is , interagency communications interoperability system (ICIS)

Tahoe1970

In Win500
File>Web Import>RadioReference.com>Trunked Systems

Insert RR.com Username and Password (if blank)
Start

US
CA
Los Angeles
ICIS - NOT ICIS PROJECT 25 - I don’t believe Burbank is fully using this system yet (but I may be wrong)

Check the CC Only box so that you only load the Control Channels
I don’t check the “Hide Alternates” box since some systems rotate there primary control channels

Checking “Ignore Encrypted TGs” is personal preference.
Sometimes, some agencies will broadcast in the clear at times even on their channels that are typically encrypted
If you don't ignore the encrypted groups, when your scanner hits on an encrypted channel, it will stop but you shouldn't hear anything. This could be what you were experiencing.

Site:> 4 Burbank - Just check the box and the control channel and the alternates will all be selected

Talkgroups> Burbank - Check the groups you want
It seems like you already had done these steps but I wanted to make a complete list just in case

Import
Enter the System Tag
I don’t usually Skip Duplicate Freqs but it's a personal choice

Leave the TSYS Object ID at -1
Use 2 (your stated choice) for Target Scan List
Leave the Starting TSYS Object ID at -1

I usually create Group and Private Wildcards and them lock them out later if I’m not searching for new talkgroups

Notes field and Alpha Tags are up to you and won’t affect the trunking, Only the display.

Import the System

I haven't scanned Burbank but this is what I've done for other ICIS cities like Culver City and Beverly Hills

smart-phone

Premium Subscriber
i un checked Skip Duplicate Freqs and that did the trick as strange as it may sound. might be preference option but in my case i got audio.. hope guys in burbank with same problem take notes.. THANK YOU TAHOE AND ALL OTHERS... CHEERS MATE

Status
Not open for further replies.