TRX-1 Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

easton19

I just purchased a TRX-1 and paid to have 1 county (Dane) WI programed. My issue is I hear less than I did on my Radio Shack Pro-95. I bought this scanner because Dane Count Sheriff changed to project 25 phase II. It looks like all of the frequencies are in the scan lists. Can someone help me.

troymail

Silent Key
I just purchased a TRX-1 and paid to have 1 county (Dane) WI programed. My issue is I hear less than I did on my Radio Shack Pro-95. I bought this scanner because Dane Count Sheriff changed to project 25 phase II. It looks like all of the frequencies are in the scan lists. Can someone help me.

Looking at the available information, I suspect your problem is the long standing known issue of "digital simulcast". Scanners still have issues receiving and decoding/processing these types of systems.

Read this: Simulcast digital distortion - The RadioReference Wiki

Looking at the FCC license data, the RRDB listed control channel frequency - 172.50 - is listed under three licences - WQYF904 , WQYF905, and WQYF906. Those three licenses indicate a total of 13 different tower/transmitter sites. Chances are you are in between at least a couple of these sites that will cause issues with your scanner receiving the system properly.

If you want to confirm this, the easiest thing to do is to drive towards/close(r) to any one of the tower/transmitter locations (makes that one very strong and the rest weaker) and see if the reception improves.

My efforts to overcome this in my area (with any scanner from any company) is to find a specific spot in my house that works best and then leave the radio at the location. It's far from perfect and that spot will actually change over time.

EDIT: I just noticed that the licenses above are for the State - the county also shows licenses for the first frequency listed on RRDB - 154.0925 - under WQRH305, WQRH500, WQXC410, and WQXG886. These licenses actually show a total of 20 different tower/transmitter sites....

Last edited:

Gasman315

Premium Subscriber
Try monitoring them on Wiscom. I pick up Dane Com fine from Roxberry but moving towards Madison lose it at Springfield Corners

Gasman315

Premium Subscriber
Yes it is in the data base but probably easier to load using EZscan

Status
Not open for further replies.