TRX-1(Whistler) data base download "f" flagged channels won't import but in the case of DMR it will work if put in manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris451rr

I have the Whistler TRX-1. I update the database from RRDB via the TRX-1 app which downloads it and copy's to flash card.
Out of that I can use the scanner keyboard and drill down to a state or county and import categories to scan.
In some cases I get no frequency during this import and there is a low case f by the channel or system name, seemingly by observation it means
the scanner can't use the channel. But if its DMR it can scan it. This was true of dvp, edacs digital, and ham radio digital formats.
Not true of any DMR or P25 Phase1 or Phase2. True of Opensky.

I assume a lower case f when importing a channel means not scannable or other over the air standard, dmr trunking channel
for East Central Iowa REC in Benton county lists 451.425 and 451.625 as DMR trunked. If I tune the scanner to that channel and its active, it decodes fine.
As far as trunking its able to decode the talk group and use it selectively.

But when importing this channel via the downloaded database I get no frequency into the place I tried to import it.
Though the channel is listed and does work if its input manually. If the f flag is present it won't import any freq.
What if I want to scan it for activity / proximity even without decoding it --- have to put it in by hand.

Is this an error in a database? By special arrangement the Whistler's are allowed to update their database from RRdb but in this case it doesnt work.
There are more than a few times I have to put in a trunk dmr by hand to get it in the scan list where its a listed dmr but has this flag, set by whom I don't know.
Same thing with Iowa CAP. They don't show up anywhere now frequency wise but I think they are a talk group on the Iowa ISICS statewide, but nobody is sure which talk group. I can track their tail numbers and they rarely show up in flight.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I just imported the system into my TRX-1 with no issues, the two sites each have one channel in both the RR data base and Whistler data base, there is one talkgroup in each as well.

I do not see any "f" that you saw anywhere, perhaps you can post screen shots or a photo of what you are seeing, but from what I see and experienced there is no problem in either the Whistler or RR imports and database.

Screenshot 2021-04-28 14.47.08.pngScreenshot 2021-04-28 14.47.19.pngScreenshot 2021-04-28 14.47.40.png

Whistler_Support

Whistler Representative
Premium Subscriber
As I am not able to duplicate, I am not sure I can determine what led to it.
Short of that, I provided the purpose of "f" to limit the number guesses that would have ensued without my response

Status
Not open for further replies.