TRX-1

jsb1964

Premium Subscriber
Hello! I would like to program my Whistler TRX–1 to pick up a local school district’s DMR frequencies. I am copying them into the Whistler programming software via radioreference.com. Is there something else that I need to do to the scanner, or through the software, in order to listen to those frequencies? I am not receiving anything.

Thank you!

tvengr

Well Known Member
May I ask which school district? If it is the Miamisburg City or Vandalia-Butler trunked systems, the talkgroups are encrypted which no scanner can receive.

jsb1964

Premium Subscriber
Hello! Thank you for your reply. I wasn’t aware of the encryption in Miamisburg. Is New Lebanon encrypted?
Also, I was interested in listening to atrium Medical Center. I know that they are on DMR but maybe I’m missing something and not seeing a notation for encryption. Would I be able to hear atrium Medical Center in Farmersville if they weren’t encrypted?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Is New Lebanon encrypted?
The ones that are ID'ed in the database for New Lebanon are not encrypted. However the two ID'ed as type "M" are simplex (non-repeated) ops meaning you need to be in the immediate vicinity to be able to pick them up. HINT: Any time you see an uppercase "E" in the mode column (as in mode "DE", "TE", "DMRE", etc) this would denote full encryption

requencyInputLicenseTypeToneAlpha TagDescriptionModeTag
457.675 WQHS924MCC 3
TG 11
SL 1
NLEBLSD DHSNew Lebanon Local Schools - Dixie High SchoolDMRSchools
464.475469.475WQHS924RMCC 3
TG 15
SL 1
NLEBLSD BUSNew Lebanon Local Schools - TransportationDMRSchools
464.6625 WQHS924MCC 3
TG 13
SL 1
NLEBLSD DESNew Lebanon Local Schools - Dixie Elementary SchoolDMRSchools

Ubbe

A TRX scanner doesn't skip encrypted transmissions. You can configure the scanner to either be silent, make a busy tone or make you listen to the encrypted data. If you set it to a tone or encrypted data you will hear when you receive an encrypted transmission and can lockout that TG or frequency. If a conventional frequency or a trunked TG uses a mix of encrypted and nonencrypted conversations you can set it to be silent. The display will always show an E when it receives encryption.

/Ubbe