TRX-2: TRX 2, need help with power switch

Hokies3030

Premium Subscriber
I purchased a TRX 2 and it was working great. After deleting frequencies and reprograming the next day unit will not turn on or off. The display reads USB Power / Charging Backup Battery. Press power button and nothing happens. At one point I was able to get an error code 3 - 00.

TAbirdman

That message should only appear when you only have the USB plugged into the scanner. The 3-00 error indicates that there is no SD card in the unit or no Scanner files on the SD card.

Ubbe

Buy a SD card reader, a $5 purchase, and always program your SD card connected directly to your PC. The USB communication to the SD card seems very flaky on the TRX-2 and for me often fails and create file corruption. No such problems when using a SD card reader.

/Ubbe

Brales60

Premium Subscriber
Buy a SD card reader, a $5 purchase, and always program your SD card connected directly to your PC. The USB communication to the SD card seems very flaky on the TRX-2 and for me often fails and create file corruption. No such problems when using a SD card reader.

/Ubbe
These plug right into the USB on your computer, correct?

Ubbe

I got several different models but they all connect to a USB port and all have worked flawlessly for many years. You can probably buy any model and brand you want.

/Ubbe

KB1KQJ

Hokies 3030, I had a similar issue with a TRX-2 (+ a Waiting for Main Unit message) and was given the following instructions from Whistler to clear it. Hope this helps...

Few steps to correct this error.

1) Remove all cables from the scanner
2) Press and HOLD IN the power button for at least 60 Seconds ( use timer to be sure as time is critical to getting this part correct.
3) Plug in power cord: error gone, press power button to turn on scanner. If error remains
4) Unplug power. Remove Head from main unit and reinstall. Plug in power cord: error gone, press power button to turn on scanner. If error remains, repeat