TRX Android Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Another teaser, getting REALLY close to (a hopefully short) Beta time...
The windows side has:
- A local listener option, which pumps the sound via the pc speakers as well as transmitting.
- Can automatically start the server when loaded
- Optionally can minimize to the system tray.
All these get saved when the stream is started.
Android side has the layouts done, just doing some fine tune adjusting, seeing where buttons would best go, etc.

Looks good, I can't wait to try it!

grahampaull

Another teaser, getting REALLY close to (a hopefully short) Beta time...

The windows side has:

- A local listener option, which pumps the sound via the pc speakers as well as transmitting.

- Can automatically start the server when loaded

- Optionally can minimize to the system tray.

All these get saved when the stream is started.

Android side has the layouts done, just doing some fine tune adjusting, seeing where buttons would best go, etc.

Excitement levels through the roof lol.. seriously, good job!.. cannot wait to give this a go. Any more screenshots of the Android app in Portrait and Landscape mode ?

Also, what's the minimum version of Android this will run on ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

visegrip72

The Windows side seems to work on whatever windows, just need the dotnet stuff installed, which most on this board probably already do.
Android will require Jelly Bean. There are a few calls I make that are not available prior to that. If there is enough push for something earlier, I might look into it. The numbers I saw show there's really only a few users using anything older than Jelly Bean.
Thank you for the donation offers, but honestly, like my Win500 Android product, this product will not be free. It will cost slightly more than the Win500 Android app, as it required me to supply both the server and client software. I am still deciding on the cost. If you would like to donate something above that, I think I can work that out :), just wait until the end product is actually ready.

grahampaull

The Windows side seems to work on whatever windows, just need the dotnet stuff installed, which most on this board probably already do.
Android will require Jelly Bean. There are a few calls I make that are not available prior to that. If there is enough push for something earlier, I might look into it. The numbers I saw show there's really only a few users using anything older than Jelly Bean.
Thank you for the donation offers, but honestly, like my Win500 Android product, this product will not be free. It will cost slightly more than the Win500 Android app, as it required me to supply both the server and client software. I am still deciding on the cost. If you would like to donate something above that, I think I can work that out :), just wait until the end product is actually ready.

I imagine this would be quite lite on resources ? I would like to have this running in a small intel atom type computer specifically as a TRX Server.

Going back as far as JB is pretty cool, I think my old car radio had android JB which was quite a while ago.

Paying instead of donations def makes sense but I think having a donation button for anyone who would like to give you that little bit extra, even enough for a coffee :)

Look forward to the beta release :)

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Have this currently up and running on my new refurb WS1098...yay...the new scanners sound so much nicer than the old versions...trying to convince Visegrip72 to add a higher bitrate and/or uncompressed audio option. :)

Paul

visegrip72

Uncompressed audio option is working now.

In connecting to an older compatible scanner, I saw some characters used were in different locations in the character map, so I have a bit to fix up there - easy task. Otherwise, initial Beta testing results are coming in with great success.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The audio encoding of the TRX remote server is SOOOO much better than the Win500 server, especially in uncompressed. Combined with the better audio of the newer scanners, you really get clean, clear audio passthrough, even across Bluetooth.

Running it at work tonight, shelved the Win500 Android app for now, this one is so much better. :-D

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
New font requested, slightly thinner, but options for thin, regular, and bold...I find the slimmer font easier on the eyes than the old default bold.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170727-003305.jpg
    Screenshot_20170727-003305.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,193

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
We will be replicating Unidens release cycle, so expect the beta release sometime in the next 3 years :)

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
The iOS version of the app will have a negative 30 second sound delay feature, meaning you will hear the audio broadcast 30 seconds before it is transmitted from the radio tower. :-D

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.