trying to program using aor cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 3 aor recievers and i got the cables
1 8600 mk 2 =radio shack direct cable works with butel softwae
1 8200 mk 3 = aor cable adapter wont work gives error say cant communicate no data sent
1 8200D =aor cable adapter same error code but radio shack direct cablt usb to mini usb on bottom of radio works great

anyone else having problems with the AOR usb adapter ? would love to be able to program my 8200mk 3 with pc

MarkWestin

We will need to know what version of Windows that you are using. Also, what is the brand and model of the USB to Serial adapter that you are using?

Mark

thanks for the reply i forgot to add operating system and adapter model from aor

ok the 2 adapter models are from aor direct and have a black box inline no model found i guess

the operating windows systems ive tryed so far is xp and vista and windows 7 and windows 8

PS

both cables from aor wont work 8200D and 8200MK3

2 different cables old style connector for mk3 and new style for 8200D no work but the 8200D direct cable to usb mini to usb regular work fine on the 8200D

no threads about my situation there it looks like it might be a great site forum once it gets off the ground but for now iam still looking for a good cable and driver and software package for my AOR 8200 mk 3 but fore noe i program by hand i guess lol

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Don't make the mistake of just looking for threads - post something. Someone might have found the answers but didn't post anything.

I would also make sure you check out the links and files areas. Mike

johnr5329

Is the AOR 8200 cable you are using a RS232 cable or is it usb? Also, I have made my own usb cables and used them on my AOR 8200 Mk3 radios. I have also use the AOR branded RS232 cable successfully (it has been years since I used it).

I don't have the settings I used for the RSR232 cable but have used the usb cables at 19,200 baud. I can get the other comms settings as well. As I recall the baud rate (at least) needed to match on the radio.

All my experience is with Linux.

johnr5329

I don't have any experience with the AOR branded usb cable. However, did you confirm that the serial settings matched between to radio and the computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.