Tucson Police districs/commands help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudsyjkh

Hey all: my dad has recently retired from the cold snowy great white north Canadian tundra to spend his winters in Tucson. Him and his wife recently purchased a place in the Voyager RV park/resort. This is located at 8701 South Kolb rd. I'm partially blind and can't read the maps on TPD's website. I'm wondering if someone could give me a hand in figuring out which district/command zone this park is located in? I'm thinking possibly east, but I'm not sure.
I'm hoping to be able to monitor comms in that area both from afar online and in person when I go to visit.
Thanks in advance for the help. :)

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Looks like the East District, beat 8. An online feed exists for Tucson PD now, but it may go offline soon as TPD transitions to a new P25 Phase 2 radio system. If so, you'll need either the new Uniden x36HP scanner or PSR-800 to monitor them. Hopefully there'll be something in the clear to monitor - no idea what they intend to encrypt yet.

-AZ

cookmaster

re Tucson Police districs

Good afternoon, Sudsyjkh, actually 8701 S.Kolb rd is in the County, I just look at my map, it shows its in Pima County, that address sets just next to the City limits on the Southern edge, so you will need a Phase2 capable scanner, like a PSR-800 or one of the newer Undines scanners BCD436HP,BCD536HP,by the way, I have heard plenty of calls from Rural/Metro Fire Dept being Dispatch their, Tucson Fire Dept accidentally being Dispatch their, because the address shows it's in the City of Tucson, which it is, but the actual building is in the County, so as far as Law Enforcement go's its probably East-1 on the Pima County Sheriff's Dept Talk Groups !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.