Twin Cities Radio Monitors Get Together – May 21, 2011 6:30 P.M

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0FPY

Twin Cities Radio Monitors Get Together – May 21, 2011 6:30 P.M.

A location has been confirmed for our next meeting.

Davanni’s in Edina:

5124 Gus Young Ln
Edina, MN 55436

Davannis : Location Details

The party room is reserved for us from 6:30 – 10:00 PM

There is wireless internet at Davanni’s for your convenience.

Need help with your new scanner? This is the place to get help.

Bring radios, antennas, software, etc. to demo.

Bring items you might want to sell or trade.

For more information e-mail: n0fpy@yahoo.com

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Ill be driving from Anoka if any north metro folks want to ride in with me... save yourself 50 miles of driving...

dkisdatrump

Premium Subscriber
I wish Edina wasn't so far away, or I'd be there for sure. Might see if I can borrow my old man's car, it's a VW beetle 4 cylinder turboe diesel, get's 40 MPG.

If he let's me use it, then maybe I can make the trip.

MNGEARJAMMER

Hi Jasll:
The questions I have are on common knowledge things to more than 50% of the people that will be there I'm sure. I just need to learn more about ST2 antennas--- simulcasting---and location of control channels. Hope to see you there.
Thank you for your concern:
Garry

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Looks like I'm going to miss this one. Going up north for a day of ATV riding, otherwise I would be there.

wlattery

i am going to be bringing my pro96. i beleave i have the right towers but cant get any talk groups or fire ground channels?

thanks,
matt

I'm going to bring my Pro96. Maybe you can clone off of mine. I have State of MN, Anoka County, and Ramsey County programmed in.

dkisdatrump

Premium Subscriber
I'll be there. Got use of my father's car, if anyone from my area want's to ride along and carpool to save on fuel, you are more than welcome, I have 2 seats afterall. I messaged wogggieee because he is near me and wishes to attend and have not received a reply yet.

The car does have 4 seats, but I do not reccomend riding in the back unless your short.

If your a smaller person and don't mind a cramped backseat, your also more than welcome to ride along.

It's a small 4 cylinder turbo diesel that get's upwards of 40-45 M.P.G.

If you wan't to carpool, please PM me. Shouldn't cost more than $15 in fuel to get there and back.

mattnelson26

Feed Provider
i was there and i think his name was bob and he was using a radio referance program to get freqencies and i was wondering where to find that?

thanks,
matt

dkisdatrump

Premium Subscriber
Nice meeting, but horribly terrible pizza. Let's make the next one at some place who has pizza that's better than jacks frozen pizza from cub foods :(

I'm horrible with names, but Will was extremely helpful. And I appreciate it. I only remember his name, because he sent me a back up file to my email, and his name was on it LOL.

@ Will this is the antenna I bought last night after the meeting http://www.dpdproductions.com/photos_antennas/uhfpluslp1_large.jpg

You can reference it here DPD Productions - Scanner, Aviation, NOAA, Mobile Radio Antennas for Commercial & Hobbyist Applications Just scroll down to the second antenna on the page.

The reason I bought that particular antenna was because as far as my digital scanner all I really care about is the 800 MHZ frequencies, all the rest come in fine from ST Croix county WI on my analog one, so got the best antenna for the 800 MHZ part of this hobby. Will let everyone know how it works out after it get's here, and I get her up on the roof.

Scanner is working wonderfully now. Will IS THE MAN, if any of you miss the next meeting that need help like I did, you will be dissapointed with yourself!!!

Jim.

Last edited:

dkisdatrump

Premium Subscriber
i was there and i think his name was bob and he was using a radio referance program to get freqencies and i was wondering where to find that?

thanks,
matt

You don't need a radio reference program dude, all you need is something like win 500, and a premium subscription to radio reference forums, then you can use the program to login via the software to radio reference and get the frequencies downloaded.

Will was using some other software, and I forget the name because I'm a retard when it comes to names, but with my premium membership, he just gave me his laptop, I typed in my user/pass, and the rest is history.

MNGEARJAMMER

Hey Jim:
I just looked at your new antenna. It's durable and it has real good DB gain, but be advised, it is far more directional than the seller is telling you. So without a rotor mounted to it, I don't think your going to be that happy with it. That antenna will have to be pointed directly at the control channel location to get the optimum performance out of it. Good luck&keep us posted.
MNGEARJAMMER

Status
Not open for further replies.