Two Identical Scanners Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
I just programmed a BCD396XT for a friend of mine. The firmware, settings, freq's etc are the same as my own BCD396XT.
I just put them side by side and I'm listening to Greenwich,CT PD, a digital, trunked rebanded system. Both scanners show they are getting strong signals and yet, every once in a while, my friends scanner won't pick up a transmission that my scanner does.
I just checked them both twice and both scanners are set up the same.
My head is starting to hurt from banging it on my desk!!!
Does anyone have any thoughts? Maybe this is normal???
Thanks for any ideas....
Terry

N8IAA

Yes, they can be different. Do both have the same firmware upgrades. Check in the Wiki for how to check this. Did you clone his radio from yours? I'm sure you will get other helpful advice. You may want to ask this question in the Uniden Forum, also.
HTH,
Larry

Deeke

Also, some have reported an slight increase with the freqs being lowest to highest as opposed to random order.

I don't have two identical to test but, i read that on here some while back.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Are they connected to the same antenna? Or, if they are using their rubber antennas, have you reversed where each is sitting?

I've had Unidens sitting here next to my GREs and the Unidens miss stuff. Now if you've got 2 identical Unidens, and one is missing stuff, that is very interesting.

I've found that interference from computers and other electronics really screws up reception. That's why I have mine connected to an outdoor antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.