Two Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy404ns

1) Under Westport in the DB, two fire channels are labeled as APCO-25 and yet they have DCS tones associated with them. How can that be?

2) Stratford Fire and EMS are listed as simulcast in the DB. What trunked system are they being simulcast from? (There is no Stratford trunked system listed)

Thanks,

Andy

KB1JHU

andy404ns said:
1) Under Westport in the DB, two fire channels are labeled as APCO-25 and yet they have DCS tones associated with them. How can that be?

2) Stratford Fire and EMS are listed as simulcast in the DB. What trunked system are they being simulcast from? (There is no Stratford trunked system listed)

Thanks,

Andy

1. Westport may operate mixed mode at times (not sure, I don't listen to them and I don't have a digital scanner). The DPL would be used when in analog mode.

2. When a call is dispatched in Stratford, you will hear the same thing on both Fire & EMS (most if not all the time, I don't sit there checking both freqs during every dispatch).

joetnymedic said:
stratford is definately not trunked. fd 153.310 ems 451.450 off the top of my head

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Westport FD is mostly digital transmissions so no DPL is used.

Stratford fire calls are on 154.3100 and are simulcast on the MED 11 or 12 frequency. Which one, buit both can be split from each other.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
izzy,
stratford changed from med 11 to 451.450 when dispatch split from CMED. All dispatches are done for pd/fd/ems via PD out of fire headquarters
joe

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Really? Thanks for the info on the new frequecy. I haven't really payed attention lately but for a while I was still hearing them on the old Med channel. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.