Tx DPS Region 1 Helicopter Base

Harold

Premium Subscriber
I will occasionally hear DPS 101 announce on DPS Base D, 155.4525, they are launching for a Patrol flight. I know they were based at Mesquite Metro Airport, but I noticed they were dropping into Mckinney National Airport quite often. Now I hear them announce a launch check adsb Exchange and they are launching from Mckinney, happened again today. Anyone know if they made a permanent move to Mckinney?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I will occasionally hear DPS 101 announce on DPS Base D, 155.4525, they are launching for a Patrol flight. I know they were based at Mesquite Metro Airport, but I noticed they were dropping into Mckinney National Airport quite often. Now I hear them announce a launch check adsb Exchange and they are launching from Mckinney, happened again today. Anyone know if they made a permanent move to Mckinney?
I’ve been seeing the same thing, apparently responding from, and returning to, McKinney’s airport. No idea if they lost their lease at Mesquite, or got a better deal on renting space at McKinney. Or, are there more base services available at QQT than at HQZ?

Seeing DPS 101 airborne and assisting other agencies, I do see the copter more often in northern Dallas County or southern Collin County than in Garland & Mesquite’s coverage area.

Scottm467

I have a friend that works for DPS and he told me that the Region 1 helicopter (DPS 101) had been moved to McKinney airport. Better deal and quarters. I wondered the same thing.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Hope the guys that fly those those things arent too inconvenienced. Having to drive to Mesquite for work and now having to drive to McKinney.